jtng

Day & Night Camera with or without IR Cut-Filter

Hi Guys,

Just want to know more about D/N Camera.

What's the different between D/N Camera WITHOUT IR Cut-Filter and D/N Camera WITH IR Cut-Filter?

Can D/N Camera works in total darkness condition? I mean 0 lux.

THANKS

Regards,

JT

Unless it's a B&W camera, you need an ICR.

I repeat... you need a camera with an ICR. I've yet to see a color D/N camera without an ICR that was worth a damn. an ICR camera will also allow you to utilize IR illuminators at night.

I repeat... you need a camera with an ICR. I've yet to see a color D/N camera without an ICR that was worth a damn. an ICR camera will also allow you to utilize IR illuminators at night.

Hi Sawbones,

Do you mean D/N Camera with IR Cut-FIlter can work under 0 lux condition?

Hi Sawbones,

Do you mean D/N Camera with IR Cut-FIlter can work under 0 lux condition?

It can, but only with infrared illuminators.

I'd get separate ones too... the camera-integrated IR is usually a waste of time.

Is an ir cut filter that important?Can you have a good day and night picture without it? If an ir cut filter is so important,than why do many cctv installers sell cameras to consumers without them?What is the cost difference for the same camera with a filter?I'm a residential consumer purchasing my eight camera setup,and none of my day/night bullet varifocal lense cameras with ir have an ir cut filter.My home gets plenty of sun during the day.At night i have several outdoor lights,motion and constant on for nightime.Does that mean my day/night views will be horrible?

With proper outdoor lighting,do you need an ir cut filter? If an ir cut filter is so important,than why do many cctv installers sell cameras to consumers without them?What is the cost difference for the same camera with a filter?I'm a residential consumer purchasing my eight camera setup,and none of my day/night bullet varifocal lense cameras have an ir cut filter.my home gets plenty of sun.I do have several outdoor lights,motion and constant on for nightime.Does that mean my day/night views will be horrible?

Day will be fine but your night time images will suffer and forget about adding IR.

Why do professionals install cameras sell cameras with out cut filters? cheap customers that shop only for price and don't care what the image quality is (think about that for second )

But if you want good night time images you need true day/night cameras or you could install some color only cameras and then some b/w only cameras but could increase your overall system cost.

Edited by Guest

Is an ir cut filter that important?Can you have a good day and night picture without it? If an ir cut filter is so important,than why do many cctv installers sell cameras to consumers without them?What is the cost difference for the same camera with a filter?I'm a residential consumer purchasing my eight camera setup,and none of my day/night bullet varifocal lense cameras with ir have an ir cut filter.My home gets plenty of sun during the day.At night i have several outdoor lights,motion and constant on for nightime.Does that mean my day/night views will be horrible?

What cameras did you order?

Yes, an IR cut filter is very important for the stated reasons. No, you won't get a good D/N picture without one unless you have enough light. Plus, you have no IR sensitivity. True, there are some quality cameras that claim D/N, but they do it digitally at the expense of picture quality and increased noise. The few dollars more for a true D/N camera is well worth it.

The reason why so many CCTV installers sell this crap is it is a cheap and easy buck for them. Then there is the customer that is looking for "cheap as possible" without considering the results. You can use cheap cameras if you bring enough light to the show. Light up your yard like the Raven's stadium and you can use $50 Chinese cams.

Without an IR Cut Filter, the camera will always pick up IR Light, which means the daytime colors will look washed out due to all the natural IR in the daytime. Most color only cameras will have a fixed IR cut filter. Thats why TRUE Day/Night cameras cost more, due to the installed Mechanical IR Cut Filter which is removed at night automatically. Both the Color IR and the True Day Night will work in 0 Lux, but the True Day Night will be more sensitive and generally produce a better picture.

I need general view of my property from different locations around the house.Driveway,front yard,back yard and side yard.Camera needs to see 50' max.I have a 200.00 max price on cameras with varifocal lenses.Give me a good suggestion within my price range.Has to see day/night with outdoor motion and stationary lighting.

I need general view of my property from different locations around the house.Driveway,front yard,back yard and side yard.Camera needs to see 50' max.I have a 200.00 max price on cameras.Give me a good suggestion within my price range.Has to see day/night with outdoor motion and stationary lighting.

You might want to get a couple of megapix cams and strategically locate them to give the coverage you want. If you go with standard cams you might need a larger quantity to give you the same coverage. Both options have trade-offs so study all your options.

Most True Day Night IR Bullets will do that, there are MANY brands .. eg CNB-B2760NVF is just one of many. Ofcourse the actual IR illumination will depend on where it is mounted and the height it is mounted, as well as any reflective objects within the camera's IR range. Take note that bright lights can blind just about any camera but Bullet cameras really dont handle lighting well. So just make sure it is not looking at bright lights, get the lights behind it if possible.

I wanted a day/night camera with concealed cable.I'm just looking at what my local cctv dealer has.I'm trying to keep everything local that way if there are any problems,they can be handled easily.

well LTSSecurity are DIY products, not really professional stuff. Newegg sells them too. Im not saying they are crap, just that there are much better cameras.

It may come down to whether you want concealed wiring or a good picture.

It may come down to whether you want concealed wiring or a good picture.

I understand what you mean!