gdome

I think that I have made a mistake

Hi there - please don't shoot me down for asking this, but, I am completely new to CCTV and a friend recommended a video capture card which I have installed in my PC. Up until now I have been using active webcam with a usb camera and everything has been fine. I thought that it would be great to be able to install a second camera and so on my friend's recommendation bought a DVR card - this is a techwell h.264 card that should be able to process 120fps and is 4 channel. Having read some of the posts on here, I now think that this could be a cloned card, but, before I give up on it, I wanted to check. I have tried to install it and the drivers seem to add in without any problems - in fact I have tried two sets of drivers, the conexant bt878 drivers (which seem to show the driver as partly installed but there is clearly an issue as a small yellow exclamation mark appears in the device manager) the other driver tried seems to work and shows the item as a HV 4000 xxxxxxx. neither get picked up when I search for the camera in Active Webcam.

So now the questions:

- should this card work in Active Webcam?

- is it a cloned card and so should be junked / returned?

- can I get this to work or is it a lost cause?

If the card is not a clone and a good card, what software would be best for it to work with?

If I do start again and want to retain Active Webcam would a Geovision GV800 card work with the Active Webcam and allow me to install more than one camera simply in Active Webcam using the search for camera option?

Finally, is there better software that you would recommend for using with 2 - 3 cameras; motion detection is a must and ideally with audio on 1 camera. I need to get this set up as soon as possible and am hoping to only invest a few hundred pounds at this stage.

If I have posted anything incorrectly please let me know. I really would welcome your advice.

Any views?

I would consider abandoning this card and buying a, what I understand is a reputable card - Geovision GV800 - however, I really want to know if what I have already is usable, or if I were to buy the Geovision card that it would fully work with Active Webcam?

Help is greatly appreciated.

I've never heard of Active Webcam nor a techwell h.264 card but I am not an expert at CCTV either; so I can't help with your issues regarding those.

I do know that Geovision cards come with their own software so you would not need Active Webcam.

Can you contact the place you bought the card from for support?

You do not need to post the same question two times.

I have already repplied you on another thread, Active Webcam will not work with TW6802, and of course bt878 drivers will not work with a card that does NOT have bt878 chips.