Tomislav

Video Display for CCTV system?

Hi, I hope you gents have suggestion for this one.

I need a video wall. By that I mean something like Pelco PMCD750 DLPâ„¢ Display.

http://www.pelco.com/Products/default.aspx?id=482

The problem is, I have two systems running, one Milestone (one PC) and one IOI (another PC) these PC are in the monitoring room but all the recording is on the server and viewing on separate monitors.

Pelco display has two analog and one digital input but it does not have the capability to view two systems in the same time on the screen.

Do you know any big video display that might be able to handle two systems in the same time?

You are giving very little info. Are both systems IP or analogue?

What do you mean displayed on two computers, but recorded on one server? Is the server running two different softwares?

Do you want to connect the video wall using composite or to a PC?

They are both IP systems. I want to display two computer on one monitor. In this case the big video wall, to be detailed take the VGA out from two PC\\\'s and connect to one big video wall.

Software on the PC is used only to manage the cameras and yes, it is runing two different systems.

Why not just use 2 monitors one for each system? I know Milestone can do a matrix setup if you need more but they make you pay for it

To bad your not using Exacq you could have 4 60inch plasma on one client machine.

Yeah, now we are using 40 inch LCD and switching systems manually and it is good, but of course they wanted something combining 2 systems together in big video wall. No borders between the camera views and that we can choose resolution of each of the camera shown.

It looks like it is not existing yet.... thanks I will see what I can do...

The problem is, if you try to display two machines on one 16:9 display - whether it be a single 16:9 monitor, or a 2x2 or 3x3 or larger video wall - you either get only half of each machine's display; one PC will have to be a small PiP display in the other PC's large display; or worst case, both will have to be stretched vertically to fit. Draw an imaginary vertical line up the center of your current display and imagine how you'll fit two computers' displays in that, one on each side... that's what you have to deal with.

Plain and simple, your best course is to have a separate display for each PC, whether that display is a single large screen, or a matrix of multiple screens.