jlines

CPcam CPD505 - Time / Password Issues

We have a CPcam CPD505 installed, it also it connected to our network so we can access CCTV fotage from our PC's

For many months we have been trying to change the date and time on the system. It is greyed out on the "Video Server E" and have tried loging from the front panel/remove using 0000, 1111, or 2222 the only login that works is the 0000 and that will login as a guest.

I have tried the Hardreset by shorting two pins on the circuit board, it resets the date and time back to 01/01/2000 00:00 but doesn't seem to be clearing any other settings eg. Network config, camera names.

If some one could help, it would be greatly appreicated

First I would go in to your router, and I would see what port was forwarded for your DVR.

Pressing Enter 4 times (0000) should get you in to the menu on the front panel.

You will not have remote access.

I believe it will default the DVR network address to 192.168.1.10, ( or is it 192.168.0.10).

Can you press MENU > ADVANCED > NETWORK ??

I am going to assume the reason why you could not change the date, and time via Video Server E is that you had a low user account, and not the Supervisor Account.

Thank you Scorpion, assuming your from the Scorpion web site with all the info, you site is invaluable, thank you to you and your team.

The DVR is being used on port 80, with the IP address of 192.168.100.11, not that this is a huge issue. I can access the DRV using the Video E software provided, and use the admin user and password. If I go to "System Settings, General, Account, it shows the user "admin" has the autority level of "SUPERVISOR""

When I try and access the menu from the font panel it asks for the password and I press enter x 4, it will log me in but it says "GUEST" on the top left of the monitor and the menu does not come up.

Thanks!

All good, thank you. I can't change the date and time from VIDEO E Server but I can access the menu of the DVR from VIDEO, worked out the password had been chnaged to, thank you for your help!

I had in our service shop, several units with the same simptom, they just decided to 'forget' their admin password '0000', and resetting to factory default didn't help! I think it's a very 'nice' firmware issue.

Well, in such cases there isn't much what you can do, because this problem shows it self quite randomly, so any repairs are at the edge of black magic. I suppose there is something wrong with flash or NVM memory of these devices. Sometimes constant power cycling of device for 5-6 times is sufficient to forcefully load 'backup' firmware memory banks which override corrupted memory banks. Sometimes, I also remove battery and drain all capacitors around flash memory to force it to load defaults. But, in some cases, I had to dispose unit and cannibalise it for spare parts

Anyway, if you manage to unblock the unit, flash it with latest firmware just in case.