eRepair

Hikvision 8016HFI-S to PC Questions

If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful. I have a pretty good understanding of the DVR hardware and PC's but I really don't know much about networking.

I have a Hikvision 8016HFI-S (16 channel) which is connected and functioning properly. It's currently setup with the VGA output to a LCD monitor.

I want to connect it directly to a PC so that I can use the graphical interface controls instead of the remote control.

I have the client software which came with the unit and the PC has a LAN port. I would like to connect the two using a LAN cable.

1) What do I need to do this or can someone direct me to the proper instructions for setting it up? The users manual seems to only discuss connecting it to an existing network.

2) Someone told me that I need to place a router between the DVR and the PC. Is this true? Is so would a hub work?

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Using a crossover ethernet cable connected to the DVR and PC you should be able to connect as long as the PC's IP address is the "same" as the DVR.

For example

PC 192.168.1.100

DVR 192.168.1.102

No question a router in between will work and I am pretty sure a hub will work as well with regular cat5 cables. Insure the HTTP port in the DVR is set to 80, type in the DVR's IP address and it should connect. Active X will need to be enabled as well. If you use a router there is no need to forward the ports as long as you try to connect on the local network.

I hope this has helped.

Thanks

Mike

shoreviewsecurity- you should be able to connect as long as the PC's IP address is the "same" as the DVR.

For example

PC 192.168.1.100

DVR 192.168.1.102

[/i]

The crossover cable makes a lot of sense but I'm a little confused about the IP addresses, you say they should be the "same" but in your example one ends in 100 and the other ends in 102. Again my knowledge of networking is very limited, can you explain this?

Thank you for the help.

What I was trying to say is as long as the PC IP address is the same gateway address as the DVR it should work. Not sure if that's the correct term to use though. Some local networks are 10.1.10.1, others 192.168.1.1.

As long as the first 3 sets of numbers are the same between both devices and something different for the last set it should work.

PC 192.168.1.100

DVR 192.168.1.102

Sorry about that. A little hard to explain.

Hi:

Not meaning to step on any toes, as I'm new here, but I believe the term you are looking for is "subnet".

Hogwild