koolmer

DVR Software on multiple screens in 1080p

Hi All,

I am looking for a DVR Software (preferably for Hikvision cards) that can use multiple screens in 1080p.

I want to use DVR cards to digitalize my 50 analogue cameras and then display them on four 32" screens. The plan is to put four Hikvision H.264 real time DVR cards into two servers. The servers are then accessed by a Client computer that has access to all 64 cameras. The Client has four 32" 1080p screens connected to it to display the cameras live.

Now I need a DVR Software that is able to do that. It must support multiple screens (at least two, I can also use two Client computers) and support a resolution of 1920x1080.

Does anyone know a Software that can do that?

-koolmer

P.S. IP camera support would also be nice.

Hi All,

I am looking for a DVR Software (preferably for Hikvision cards) that can use multiple screens in 1080p.

I want to use DVR cards to digitalize my 50 analogue cameras and then display them on four 32" screens. The plan is to put four Hikvision H.264 real time DVR cards into two servers. The servers are then accessed by a Client computer that has access to all 64 cameras. The Client has four 32" 1080p screens connected to it to display the cameras live.

Now I need a DVR Software that is able to do that. It must support multiple screens (at least two, I can also use two Client computers) and support a resolution of 1920x1080.

-koolmer

I have done similar set up for school

They have 2 HIK servers 48 ch each

accessing them by Client soft or IE from anywhere on LAN

sent me PM for more info

Hi All,

-koolmer

Hi!

Are you talking about recording resolution in 1080P or are you talking about monitor resolution? Both are possible, but a 32 camera system with 1080P recording would mean a very low frame rate(due PC hardware) but if 32 analog camera system recording 32 cams each 4CIF @ 25 frames per second is not a problem anymore. It is easy!

JD

Problem is I think Hikvision cards are usually encrypted and do not have WDM drivers which expose a DirectShow interface.

I haven't used it, but i did come across this DVR software which looks like it can do multiple monitors well.

http://www.exacq.com/products/vms_photos.html

Youtube Demo:

FAQ: http://www.exacq.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=6&id=43&artlang=en&highlight=ptz

110640_1.jpg

@securicorp

Thanks! I will try this out.

@JD

Yes I am talking about screen resolution. I don't think it would make any sense to record an analogue camera in 1080p

@Jorel

The Exacq Software is awesome, but only for IP cameras. Exacq has their own servers with analogue video capture cards, but they are really expensive.

The LuxRiot spec pdf says:

Screen may be configured for HDTV monitor.

Adjustable screens – Want to view more that 32 cameras? No problem. Adjust the

LuxRiot window and open multiple instances. Open as many as your monitor can handle

or you can view.

I don't have the cameras to test it, but I did open two instances of the Client here in Windows 7 on a 1920x1200 display. Not sure how well that will work on multiple monitors though.

GP4yEl.png

LuxRiot window and open multiple instances. Open as many as your monitor can handle

or you can view.

I don't have the cameras to test it, but I did open two instances of the Client here in Windows 7 on a 1920x1200 display. Not sure how well that will work on multiple monitors though.

This doesn't look so bad. But there is lots of space under each camera. Is it possible to view full screen (no window visible) and have no or very little space between the different cameras?

or you can view.

This doesn't look so bad. But there is lots of space under each camera. Is it possible to view full screen (no window visible) and have no or very little space between the different cameras?

Sure

36 Views Fullscreen with "Maintain Aspect Ratio" unchecked

bd9LJl.png

With "Maintain Aspect Ratio" checked

woXO6l.png

Aha I reread your post and here are the two images above with "Show Screen Footer" unchecked

92SKxl.png

Sf7FDl.png

Thank you. I will try this one out as well.

I have tried LuxRiot and it seems to be real nice. However it supports no Hikvision cards and it doesn't say anywhere that you can put several cards in one server.

Normally, a DVR server supports 64 channels camera. That is to say, you can add 4 4016HC/HS (Hikvision cards) or 8 4008HC/HS/HF or 16 4004HC or some other. But you should consider how many slots do you have at the same time.

I don't know which kind of Hikvision cards do you have. But now, Hikvision owns a new kind of 42XX series cards, it's very powerful.

If any problems, I'm here with pleasur to help you.

Normally, a DVR server supports 64 channels camera. That is to say, you can add 4 4016HC/HS (Hikvision cards) or 8 4008HC/HS/HF or 16 4004HC or some other. But you should consider how many slots do you have at the same time.

I don't know which kind of Hikvision cards do you have. But now, Hikvision owns a new kind of 42XX series cards, it's very powerful.

If any problems, I'm here with pleasur to help you.

That sounds interesting. It seems that the "NV4216HFV" can do real time encoding at 4CIF. This is rare. I would need the price for 4 of them + the Netvision Software - there is lots of different Software and I actually don't understand which ones I would need for my setup.

What is your budget for this project?

I can get four DS-4016HCI for 2450 USD from China (all together). This was my original plan, but I need a powerful Software that can do the things described in my first post. Now I can either buy cards in the US incl. Software or I buy the Software separate and take the cards from China. It all depends on the price.

I can get four DS-4016HCI for 2450 USD from China (all together).

Not bad Price

Did u get this price directly from Netvision ?

Thanks

Not bad Price

Did u get this price directly from Netvision ?

Thanks

This price is from Everview, however I just wrote to Netvision and they seem to have even better prices!

This price is from Everview, however I just wrote to Netvision and they seem to have even better prices!

Are you dealer or user ?

Thanks

Ok I had actually decided to take the Netvision Software, as it says that it supports dual monitors and 1080p. However the dual monitor feature is very limited.

Basically I would have to have two screens in 1024x768, configure them as a single desktop and then I would have an effective resolution of 2048x768. This is NOT what I was looking for.

I need two screens on one computer with each screen having a resolution os 1080p. Does anyone know another Software I can try?

koolmer

Ok I had actually decided to take the Netvision Software, as it says that it supports dual monitors and 1080p. However the dual monitor feature is very limited.

Basically I would have to have two screens in 1024x768, configure them as a single desktop and then I would have an effective resolution of 2048x768. This is NOT what I was looking for.

I need two screens on one computer with each screen having a resolution os 1080p. Does anyone know another Software I can try?

koolmer

You will not get preview on both! On the main monitor (DSP monitor) will have preview and the other can have playback or, setup.

JD

koolmer

You will not get preview on both! On the main monitor (DSP monitor) will have preview and the other can have playback or, setup.

JD

You mean there is no such software existing at all? Exacq has something like this, but this software only works with their DVRs and they are SUPER expensive.

Hi!

Since you already have 4 monitors!

And you buy 4 HikVision cards with software you could buy 4 low end computers due the hardware compression cards and then have each monitor getting video from each computer in 1080 (1920 x 1080).

You will have some softwares that will support what you want, but I am not sure if that would be cheaper then this solution!

Also there is another way! On each Hikviison DS-4216HCi card there is a spot monitor output so that you can connect 16 cameras on each monitor, but if this is a 1080 resolution setup I am not sure off since this is like the analoge signal sent to the monitor.

JD

koolmer

JD

You mean there is no such software existing at all? Exacq has something like this, but this software only works with their DVRs and they are SUPER expensive.

Yes, and what frame rate is exacq supporting?

JD

Putting 4 computers with 4 cards is something I have thought about, but the problems with that is that controlling and switching cameras is much harder and you are stuck with your 16 cameras on that screen.

Originally I wanted to have 1 computer with 4 screens, but it seems that there is no Software supporting that. I was hoping that there is at least a Software that support 2 screens in 1080p.

I personally don't think that it is a good solution to put 4 computers with each one screen. Any other ideas?

P.S. I don't know how many frames Exacq supports, but Exacq is not an option, as a fitting DVR for my 50 cameras is over 22.000 USD.

koolmer