coolie11

WebCam Login

I keep getting an error message which says Invalid Version when I try to login to a GV600 through IE7.

Can someone assist with this issue?

I keep getting an error message which says Invalid Version when I try to login to a GV600 through IE7.

Hi!

Do you know what version you are trying to connect to and also have you been connected to another GV systems with newer software or do you had some trouble when installing the activeX plug in?

JD

Hi!

Do you know what version you are trying to connect to and also have you been connected to another GV systems with newer software or do you had some trouble when installing the activeX plug in?

JD

I'm not exactly sure what version software is on the machine.

Is there a way to tell?

This machine was installed by someone else for a customer of mine.

activeX installed with no problem, not sure if I may have done a remote demo on another system from GeoVision.

Hi!

JD

I'm not exactly sure what version software is on the machine.

Is there a way to tell?

This machine was installed by someone else for a customer of mine.

activeX installed with no problem, not sure if I may have done a remote demo on another system from GeoVision.

You can have a try at this adress and see what happens: http://geovision.dipmap.com/

JD

If you are connecting directly to the server then there shouldnt be a problem unless the OCX checker is using an already installed version (should install the appropriate one but it may not).

Clear your history, cache etc in IE.

Remove downloaded Webcam OCX (C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files)

Try again.

If you are connecting directly to the server then there shouldnt be a problem unless the OCX checker is using an already installed version (should install the appropriate one but it may not).

Clear your history, cache etc in IE.

Remove downloaded Webcam OCX (C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files)

Try again.

Hey Rory,

I cleared the cache, but I don't see Webcam OCX in (C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files)

Looks like it is version 6.0.1.0 on that server.

Give me a minute I will check it out some more.

ok its telling me the DVR server software is 7.0, but the ActiveX is 6.xx .. did someone maybe try an upgrade or something??

ok its telling me the DVR server software is 7.0, but the ActiveX is 6.xx .. did someone maybe try an upgrade or something??

The system was acting up about 8 mths ago, so I uninstalled and re-installed the software that was left with the manual.

The installer used a pre-built Dell PC with all sorts of additional software pre-installed.

Could it be beta soft?

JD

Ok the CD and Manual both say Ver 7.0.

2 options

1-Just delete the folder under geo called webtemp

eg. c:\GV600\webtemp

Then unzip the webtemp zip folder I will attach and copy that there instead.

That is from a 7.0.5 version though, but newer versions work with older versions, just not the other way around before 7.0 and after 8.2 - so it should work.

2-Remove the existing install - that means totally uninstall it, delete all the geo*.ini files in the C:\Windows folder also. Delete the folder C:\GV600 as well (or whatever it might be named). Run CCleaner and do a cleanup and registry cleanup as well. Restart the computer then Reinstall the 7.0 software again.

Webtemp folder download:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/webcam/webtemp.zip

2 options

That is from a 7.0.5 version though, but newer versions work with older versions, just not the other way around before 7.0 and after 8.2 - so it should work.

2-Remove the existing install - that means totally uninstall it, delete all the geo*.ini files in the C:\Windows folder also. Delete the folder C:\GV600 as well (or whatever it might be named). Run CCleaner and do a cleanup and registry cleanup as well. Restart the computer then Reinstall the 7.0 software again.

Webtemp folder download:

Thanks, will try and report back.

2 options

Webtemp folder download:

Thanks, will try and report back.

Ok, I tried Option #1 and guess what, it WORKS.

Thank you very much, I realy appreciate it.

I'm not too much of a Geo fan, I try to stay away when I can.

yeah must have been an update issue from before.

check my site for free skins and stuff for those older versions of Geo, at least make it look better than the default green thing with blinking eyes

yeah must have been an update issue from before.

check my site for free skins and stuff for those older versions of Geo, at least make it look better than the default green thing with blinking eyes

Ok. Will do.

If it's not too much trouble, is there any options for remote viewing from moble phones?

in the older versions I dont think they had mobile phone stuff back then .. 8.2 etc has it though but that would mean reinstalling that version on there. They had PDA software though (i think), should be on the CD. Also you can enable java ftp image under the webcam settings and it will write jpegs so you can connect using browsers that have java, less quality and less features though. Personally Ive never tried any kind of mobile apps other than on the pocket PC and that kind of thing just sucked so much I cant use it, we dont have the networks in this country for cell phone stuff as far as I know, either way my $50 cell phone is just that .. a cell .. and i barely ever use that now adays anyway .. i use a 7" EEE PC for everything else mobile and that has XP so I just run LiveVue Geo to watch the DVRs.

in the older versions I dont think they had mobile phone stuff back then .. 8.2 etc has it though but that would mean reinstalling that version on there. They had PDA software though (i think), should be on the CD. Also you can enable java ftp image under the webcam settings and it will write jpegs so you can connect using browsers that have java, less quality and less features though. Personally Ive never tried any kind of mobile apps other than on the pocket PC and that kind of thing just sucked so much I cant use it, we dont have the networks in this country for cell phone stuff as far as I know, either way my $50 cell phone is just that .. a cell .. and i barely ever use that now adays anyway .. i use a 7" EEE PC for everything else mobile and that has XP so I just run LiveVue Geo to watch the DVRs.

Ok.

Will I be able to update/upgrade from the current version software?

No you will need to remove it completely and should do so using the steps i mentioned before. Its a big jump from 7.xx to 8.xx and sometimes you can just install on top but most times it would crash alot so best to clean it first. For 8.2 and above the CPU should be at the least a newer Dual Core or better yet a Core 2 duo. I got 8.12 on a celleron even though Geo doesnt recommend it, stripped down tweaked XP. Not sure how their mobile apps are for 8.12 though. The 8.3 will have their latest apps but as mentioned uses alot more CPU and also way way way more memory. Like Microsoft, Geovision just keeps getting slower.

No you will need to remove it completely and should do so using the steps i mentioned before. Its a big jump from 7.xx to 8.xx and sometimes you can just install on top but most times it would crash alot so best to clean it first. For 8.2 and above the CPU should be at the least a newer Dual Core or better yet a Core 2 duo. I got 8.12 on a celleron even though Geo doesnt recommend it, stripped down tweaked XP. Not sure how their mobile apps are for 8.12 though. The 8.3 will have their latest apps but as mentioned uses alot more CPU and also way way way more memory. Like Microsoft, Geovision just keeps getting slower.

Ok.

Is there any issues I mite encounter while installing the newer version?

Yeah it might not work with that card You have to install the new drivers, its separate from the DVR server software. Where to get it from? One place I can recommend is EzCCTV.com but you have to sign up (free) before you can download. Worst case scenerio you go back to the older one, maybe image the drive first just incase. Main thing is to clean the old one off good first. Had issues when we upgraded from 7.xx to 8.xx mostly due to 6 or 7.xx versions still lingering around, generally the INI files in the windows folder. Though I installed OVER 7.0 the other day and it worked, some things were not working properly and I had to manually mess around with them in the INI file .. its up to you if you want to just try and install the new version over it. I only did that because I didnt know all the existing settings and wanted to keep it all as close as possible (they had PTZs also) otherwise I would have done it fresh from the get go.

Yeah it might not work with that card You have to install the new drivers, its separate from the DVR server software. Where to get it from? One place I can recommend is EzCCTV.com but you have to sign up (free) before you can download. Worst case scenerio you go back to the older one, maybe image the drive first just incase. Main thing is to clean the old one off good first. Had issues when we upgraded from 7.xx to 8.xx mostly due to 6 or 7.xx versions still lingering around, generally the INI files in the windows folder. Though I installed OVER 7.0 the other day and it worked, some things were not working properly and I had to manually mess around with them in the INI file .. its up to you if you want to just try and install the new version over it. I only did that because I didnt know all the existing settings and wanted to keep it all as close as possible (they had PTZs also) otherwise I would have done it fresh from the get go.

Thanks, will try that.