blake

Painting cameras.How many customers want you to do this.

I was just wondering since the normal colors of cameras are white or black,how many of you get request to paint the cameras to better match the building or home it's being mounted to?

Only once have I had to paint a camera to match the surroundings. It was a special application where the ceiling was black and they wanted to hide the cam as much as possible. It was no problem for me.

Oh wait, one other time too. The cam was an off white. Customer wanted it pure white against his white sheetrock. Again, no problem. The customer is always right.

Hey that's a good excuse,stick with it.Hey have you used Intellicams bullet camera yet,the CBC-100?

I have painted a few to make them less noticable on a house.

When you drive by you do not see them.

Best to to prime them, before you paint them.

I have hidden a few in bird houses, dog houses, pump houses ect.

Just one client that likes them painted black, the blend into the ceiling of a dimly-lighted restaurant. I've done it IQEye box and dome cameras, with Pelco and CNB domes, and with CP484s and CW484s. For the box cams, I find it usually easier to disassemble them and just paint the shells, rather than trying to mask everything off.

I have once. The customers house was stone and brick so I painted the bullet cam's with a textured stone like finish so they would blend in. From the street, you really had to look to see them.

I have once. The customers house was stone and brick so I painted the bullet cam's with a textured stone like finish so they would blend in. From the street, you really had to look to see them.
THAT sounds pimp, I'd love to see pics of that finish!

THAT sounds pimp, I'd love to see pics of that finish!

Me too! PM with a picture?

I was thinking of chipping out a single brick on my front porch and replacing it with a hollowed out one (have many left over from construction). I wanted to put a cheap wide angle board camera in it. There's a lot of black spots in the texture of the brick and a small lens wouldn't be noticeable at all.

My front porch is grand and highly visible from the street. The only position I get without being seen from the street is 18 feet up in the corner. Any place else and it would be very obvious, tacky, and stick out. Great for knowing if someone is there, but bad for knowing who.

I once helped a guy wall paper a full body camera in a high end furniture store.

Maroon, black, and blue stripes, it looked nice!

I have hidden a few in bird houses, dog houses, pump houses ect.

No outhouses?

LOL!

What kind of neighborhood do you think I live in?

We'se in these parts of Floreeda have cement ponds, and inside out houses, although I wouldn't mind rasslin with Elly May!

I generally paint the enclosure to avoid warranty issues. I like the wall paper idea though. I usually can get my bullet cams in black, bronze, white or off white. Its usually easier to use am enclosure or shroud or completely conceal the cam. Just my $.02

pyro

ive had them painted black before, thats about it. They do get hotter though.

Only if it's in the sun. If the camera is inside, or in the shade, painting it black should

lower the temperature by increasing the the radiated heat.

Only if it's in the sun. If the camera is inside, or in the shade, painting it black should

lower the temperature by increasing the the radiated heat.

Yeah well I live in the Bahamas and almost 100% of my work is outdoors.

Sun is out most the time and even in the shade here it can get extremely hot.