markpow

Foggy picture when IR turns on at night

no, its not like that picture. It is more like a foggy imagine, like as if it was a foggy night which it was not. When it gets dark I will lower the angle of the camera and post my results. Thanks for all the responses.

and also, I had no problem with a foggy imagine in the old location (no overhang in view) so the camera is good. My bet is also on the IR reflection.

As Rory pointed out... separate IR is often the way to go. It does complicate your install a bit, but going separate-IR gives one a MUCH wider selection of illuminators, strengths, beam spreads, wavelengths, powers, etc.

Even with a quality day/night camera, it can make all the difference in the world. Here is one example through a Honeywell Day/Night cam with an ICR:

Day view:

111100_1.jpg

Night view (No IR):

111100_2.jpg

Night view (with IR):

frontdoorIR-1.jpg

Even a good day/night camera is blind when the lux level gets low enough. Add some IR... you won't regret it.

take the camera's plastic dome cover off for a night a see if the fog is gone,

Most of the cheap cams and even IR illuminators don't have variable IR power output, so many of them produce terrible shots

-usually washed out.

Hint: some of the IR bullets you can tape off a few LEDs till you get good contrast with the IR

z