jonnbinky

Frustrated with cheap stuff!

Greetings all! I have tried like 3 different package systems, all crappy! I have just now tried a

Vitek

VT-E4

E-Series 4 Channel Digital Video Recorder

* 4 Video Inputs with 1 Main and 1 Spot Monitor Output

* Supports both Dynamic and Static IP Addresses

* 4 Alarm Inputs / 1 Relay Out

* Up to 120 IPS Recording / Live Display

* MPEG-4 Compression

* Remote Viewing over the Internet, LAN, or Windows Mobile based PDA

* Supports two internal Hard Drives

* 250GB to 1.5TB Internal Storage Options

* “Quick Searchâ€

It sounds like you are having lighting issues more than camera issues.

Negative, there are street lights and I have motion lights. I dont use stand-alone illuminators, the cameras have the built-in illumination.

with the dvr and two cams, i have like 875 in this pos system already

hmm. if i am correct, your DVR records in D1, so even if you were watching recorded video and getting crappy quality, im guessing that its not the DVR. perhaps the cameras you are using are the weakest link here?

to be sure, check your setting on the DVR and make sure that you are recording (and previewing) in the highest quality available on the DVR. if so, then it looks like the image quality problem is coming from the cameras.

Yes quality was rough with both sets of cameras. I thought if i spent an extra 100 per camera to get a name brand, it would be a noticeable difference! Also i have tried the sam's club and home depot-type sets, they suck too. Now next question, the 'dealer' i went to said i could use the RCA/BNC 'siamese' cables for all their cameras. Now i find out others use coax. So does that mean all their cameras are crap? Maybe this type is in between the RJ-looking connectors on the Sams cameras and the coax?

Im soo mad

Yes quality was rough with both sets of cameras. I thought if i spent an extra 100 per camera to get a name brand, it would be a noticeable difference! Also i have tried the sam's club and home depot-type sets, they suck too. Now next question, the 'dealer' i went to said i could use the RCA/BNC 'siamese' cables for all their cameras. Now i find out others use coax. So does that mean all their cameras are crap? Maybe this type is in between the RJ-looking connectors on the Sams cameras and the coax?

Im soo mad

Siamese cable = RG-59 plus a 2 conductor for power.... professional

Coax can work but it not recomended unless it's all copper plus you have to run a separate power wire for the cameras.

The RJ- connectors that Sams club uses 22 gage wire for video and power.... Junk

My advice for you is let the professional do the job correctly.

I think I could do the work as long as some one tells me what to use and where to get it. I used to install voice and data cabling, so Ive been crawling in attics and cellars, and this is about the 4th set of cams Ive put in, and I dont have 3k to pay someone...sooo,,,

Well, im signing out for now-i will check back tomorrow to see if any additional info/suggestions are up---thanks for help do far---i HATE returning things!

Great picture there wireguys. I cant wait to upgrade to IP and use megapixel cams in a few years

How does the night-time image look on that megapixel? Is it decent?

STOP IT! haha. You are really tempting me to buy one of these just to mess around with, but I'm too afraid, though... because I know I'll end up liking it and then buying like 5 more!

must... resist... for... a... little... bit... longer...

here is the big killer:

- Integrated f3.3~12 mm / F1.6 Megapixel lens

- 0.05 Lux at F1.0

obviously if you have light then it will be fine.

wont see like your panos though.

Wonder if you could scrap that F1.6 lens for something better.

It has an ICR though. But still as a comparison, most True Day Night CCTV cameras will be 0.01 lux at F:1.2. Hey its in the Pano price range though, and you look like you have enough light for it

Greetings all! I have tried like 3 different package systems, all crappy! I have just now tried a

Vitek

VT-E4

E-Series 4 Channel Digital Video Recorder

* 4 Video Inputs with 1 Main and 1 Spot Monitor Output

* Supports both Dynamic and Static IP Addresses

* 4 Alarm Inputs / 1 Relay Out

* Up to 120 IPS Recording / Live Display

* MPEG-4 Compression

* Remote Viewing over the Internet, LAN, or Windows Mobile based PDA

* Supports two internal Hard Drives

* 250GB to 1.5TB Internal Storage Options

* “Quick Searchâ€

Rory, what codec are those video links in? My WMP didn't find any...

I opened it in VLC, and it gave info as "GEOX" .. Presuming Geovision?

It also rendered like this

111224_1.jpg

Upside down & inverted...Kinda interesting, but not real useful..But yes, Rory, the picture quality seems OK.

Those are some nice clear nighttime camera views!Do those two cameras stay in color due to the amount of exterior lighting?

Those are some nice clear nighttime camera views!Do those two cameras stay in color due to the amount of exterior lighting?

LOL.

The 2 color views are cheap eclipse color bullet cameras .. thats color only .. so it has the fixed IR cut filter and thats why the colors are good. My biggest issue with them was they were and are only 1/4" so not as wide as I like. Been hard trying to find a cheap color bullet quite as good as them though. The newer recent models even seem to have changed a bit.

The BW ... cant remember what that was .. some cheap BW bullet I had laying around ..

As I cant afford True Day Night cameras, I opted to put color where there is light, and BW where there is low to no light, works out much cheaper and get good images for the price.