bantham1

Dome Camera 2.8-10mm

Does anybody have experience with this dome Camera. It looks like a nice wide angle to zoom image but I am not sure about the actual quality of images, especially at night.

# Model: VFD-W638AD

# Image Sensor: 1/3" Sony HQ1 CCD ICX638AKA

# Lens: 2.8-10mm Varifocal IR Lens

# Viewing Angle: 32°~125° (F1.6)

# DSP: SONY CXD3172AR

# Scanning Mode: NTSC

# Scanning System: 2:1 Interface

# Total Pixels 811(H) × 508(V)

# Effective Pixels: 768(H) * 494(V)

# Horizontal Resolution: 540 TV Lines

# S/N Ratio: >48dB (AGC off)

# Clock Frequency MHZ: NTSC: 28.636

# Sync Mode: Internal

# IR Range: 98 Feet

# Infrared Wavelength: 850nm

# Minimum Illumination: 0.01 Lux/F1.2(LED OFF) ,0Lux(LED ON )

# Electronic Shutter: 1/60 to 1/100,000 sec

# IR Status: Under 10 Lux by CDS

# White Balance: AWB Range 3200~10000 ºK

# Auto Gain Control: AGC Auto

# Backlight Compensation: BLC

# Auto Gain Iris - A.E.S.

# Gamma Characteristc: 0.45

# Video Output: 1.0Vp-p(Sync, Negative), 75 ohms, BNC

# Operating Temperature: 14°F to 113°F

# Ingress Protection IP Rating: IP65 Weatherproof

# Power Requirements: Regulated 12V DC

# Power Consuption: 400mA

# Power Connector: 2.1x5.5, center tip positive

# Dimensions Inches (approx): 4.5 (W)x 3.25(H)

# Weight (Lbs): 1.5 LBLS

# Rated 24 Hour: Continuous Use

Not used the camera however the spec you provided is very good.. up to 30m range at night.. its varifocal and its 540TVL... you cant go wrong.. hope your paying a good price for it

I do not know if I can post a link here on this site. I see that these have a DSP: SONY CXD3172AR and an Image Sensor: 1/3" Sony HQ1 CCD ICX638AKA. I am wondering how these comapre to a normal 1/3 sony ccd and dsp?

Not used the camera however the spec you provided is very good.. up to 30m range at night..

Typically, on less-expensive cameras, you can take whatever they advertise the IR distance as and cut it in half.

Does anybody have experience with this dome Camera.

I just googled the model number you provided and got ONE RESULT -- and it was THIS THREAD.

I got the camera setup. The HQ1 seems to have quite a bit better light sensitivity than the normal sony ccd. Picture quality is also a little better in the day.

Ive used the HQ1 chip and its typically not a low light chip.

Imagine the min illumination spec on that camera is actually the faceplate spec which is not the standard (eg. 0.01 faceplate would be actuallty 0.1 standard). The quality shouldnt be due to that chip either, Ive seen better on old Sony Chip cameras. Just depends on the camera really, like what you have seen in the past compared to this model. I am happy you are happy though

I added a pitch dark photo. The quality goes down some. You can see the one photo is still in color as the light is providing enough light to prevent the IR switch over. I am guessing this camera does not have an IR CUT filter as it says CDS?

Looks okay but yeah I found the specs in a cache of google and it doesnt mention an IR cut filter. Its going to be the standard Color IR Dome, nothing really any more special than the others, HQ1 chips are mostly found in the budget bullets anyway, the newer version maybe a little better than the ones I used in the past, they claim they dont get as hot now. I found some of the sales pitch on that site ... hilarious though I mean it is what it is .. once it does that job thats what matters

Yes, I probably should of saved a little and got a CNB for 300 or so but money was tight. Oh well, at least I have the Avermedia instead of the subpar CP CAM / Avtech to make up for the less than stellar cameras. Seeing the pictures and my application which cameras would you buy for around 300 per camera Rory?