kaysadeya

Kodicom DVR and Kalatel PTZ Receiver

As part of an one-going Mad Science Experiment, I bought a used Kalatel/Digiplex KTD-125A PTZ Receiver on Ebay with the hope of getting it to work with my Kodicom KSR 516. As I had feared, my initial tests indicate that this DVR doesn't appear to support the RS-422 protocol used by this receiver.

There are multiple variables involved, so I need to address these questions:

Does the RS-422 decoder work? There are manual switches for checking the various PTZ operations and all of these test fine on my rusty Pelco PT unit and zoom lens. However, there is still a question on the operation of the decoder portion of the receiver. Does anyone know how to test this?

Do I have the DVR configured correctly? The porocedures for setting up and using the PTZ operations are not very clear in the manual, so I'm not sure I've done everything correctly.

But the biggest question is: Does the DVR support the correct protocol to communicate with this recevier. The DVR appears to support the following PTZ units:

These are listed in the manual:

KODICOM KRE-301 RX

UNIMO KRX-3200 RX

UNIMO KRX-2101 RX

NIKO NK-97 SD

SAMSUNG SPD-1600 SD

SAMSUNG SCC-641

PANASONIC WV-CS854

DONG-YANG DRX-501A

SUNG-JIN CCR-20G RX

PELCO PELCO-D SD

PELCO C1489M-D SD

HONEYWELL GC-755

PHILIPS LTC SD

TOA (CBC) C-CC554 SD

I also found these in the setup menu on the DVR (I don't know the brand names):

ITA_MPC1

Vision 360_v1

Fastrax SD

SCC-931T

DSC-230

Sensormatic SD

HD-0670

Commax RX

DY-255RXB

DY-SPS360DSD

CRX-1401 RX

CRD-J6416

Yaan SD

Does anyone know if the PTZ protocol used by any of these units are the same or similar to that used by the Kalatel/Digiplex KTD-125A? If not, is there are way to locate the code for the receiver and is there a way to input it into the DVR?