oldtimer

cheap Panasonic IP camera ?

We took down 3 of those cheap Panasonic IP cameras, that have pan and tilt on them. The model numbers are not on them. Where can I get the client platform for them? They also have audio, silver outside color.

That is the same camera I'm talking about. Do you have info or know what platform it operates on? I got a few in a trade in and I just wanted to see how they work. I usually do not deal in this junk stuff. I appeares more of a toy that somthing would depend on for protection.

Thanks for the reply. Best regards John.

Ya, their basically glorified web cams for chatting or checking on the dog. Nothing special, just cheapo CMOS sensors. I'd have to check, but I doubt many NVRs support these cheapo consumer level toys but then again I'm just guessing. I'd have to check the IP compatability list...

These types of cameras do usually come with a software/ IP finder disc that has basic record funtions for almost any OS. You might be able to check out Panasonic's site for some downloads. I'd look for ya but I'm away from the office...

be careful, some Pansonic BL use 1/6 inch CMOS senor.

IMHO 1/6" sensors are too small for any real usage.

Thanks much for the advice. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to put all the supplied info to work. Looking at these gems, I suppose they are not HD. (that's a joke son) Thanks much to the fellow posters. John the Oldtimer.

P,s I might mention my birthday is coming up Dec 9th. You don't have to send me any presents, Cash will do.

Yeah, just plug 'em in and with it being UPnP you should be able to access it directly in your browser (uses Dynamic DNS also).

It is just a glorified webcam though. Not really useful for security purposes.

CHeers

Nathan.

Don't let the fact that these are toys deter you. Most of these work just fine by accessing the camera from a web browser. They usually come with software that lets you find where they are in your network.

If you want software, check out BlueIrisSoftware.com, they have support for many IP cameras, and if not, they will help you get them working. I believe their multi camera version is about $50.

While I have expensive cameras at commercial sites, these sort of inexpensive cameras are great for home surveillence. The trick is to focus them on a choke point, a point where an intruder will likely go so you can get a close up of their face. I use stuff like this at home and our vacation home and it sends me an email if it detects motion and I can log in from anywhere in the world and check on the place while I'm traveling. For example, I have one trained on my driveway and street so i can see when the snow plow comes and when the driveway snow removal service comes.

The Panasonic DMC-FS62 packages a 33mm 4x optical zoom Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens with f/2.8 brightness into a slim, compact body. Boasting 10.1 megapixels and a high resolution 2.5” 230,000-dot LCD monitor with intelligent LCD function, the FS62 is a great little performer. It has an Intelligent Auto mode that automatically activates camera functions. RRP $279.