thewireguys

Outdoor motion detectors

Look for some input from people that have experience with outdoor motion detectors. Looking for short range mounted no higher then 8-9 feet. 180 degree and 90 degree hardwired

I have been looking a Optex but looking to see if there is other options.

thanks

Looks like you're asking me directly, in your question...

Anyhow, yes, the Optex are good. If you need more false alarm rejection, you could look at the Piramid dual microwave/PIR from www.protechusa.com.

Ive installed quite a few, and had basically zero false alarms (our local National Guard base uses them, too)... Little more than the Optex, but not too bad...

Depending on a number of factors you may want to consider the Optex Redwall line of outdoor motions. Don't let the price scare you. They are very good and worth the price.

Thanks guys...... CROW and Optex look like they will be a good fit for what I need. I am not to worried about false alarms becuase I know they will be less then what we are getting from video motion detection.

I just installed the newly released Optex Redwall SIP-100 PIR with a 100 meter long range narrow beam detection. I have it focused on a foot patch about 80 meters from the PIR. It was pricey, but it works great.

I also have a couple of the wireless Optex units. Those also work great. The outdoor wireless capability makes it possible to mount them almost anywhere.

Optex also recently released the new wireless version of their beam detectors.

Best,

Christopher