Slim3001

RG59 BOOTS or Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape & SPEAKER'S

OK guys so couple of questions for ya.

1 Do you guys use RG59 boots or Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape

2 If I wonted to setup a speaker out side that runs from the dvr what type do I need.

3 Can you use a microphone over the net

4 ( senario Im away from my house but have the dvr playing over the net in real time. I see some one trying to break in to my house on my laptop so I wont to say Oh twat do one the old bill are on there way )

5 (Senario If I cant use a mic over the net with the dvr could I use a recorded message some how )

6 Whatsthe stuff called that you can feed your cable in to that can stop people cutting the cable

Thanks guys

DO any of you guys use Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape ??

NO! Simple good quality 3M electrical tape does it all. If you have to do any splicing, especially in hostile environments you can use a quality heat shrink tubing that has hot melt adhesive on the inside. You can safely go under water or direct burial with this stuff. But for 99% of the jobs good quality tape does it all.

simple electrical tape is a no-go from me...........go with coax-seal.works great and is 100% waterproof if applied properly.

That coax-seal is the same as Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape im looking at. It comes in two type's and both types set hard

1) 19mm x 10m. Repairs and seals leaking pipes and hoses. Waterproofs and insulates electrical connections.

The othere type is a Self Fusing Silicone Tape Black

2) 25mm x 3m. Repairs pipes, joints and hoses. Waterproofs and insulates electrical connections

simple electrical tape is a no-go from me...........go with coax-seal.works great and is 100% waterproof if applied properly.

Don't discount the use of electrical tape as I have installations I did 20-years back and the good old 3M tape is doing its job. Coax-Seal is some good stuff if, like you said, installed properly. I would limit my application of Coax-Seal to bulkheads and other hard to secure areas where tape can't be properly applied.

DO any of you guys use Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape ??

NO! Simple good quality 3M electrical tape does it all. If you have to do any splicing, especially in hostile environments you can use a quality heat shrink tubing that has hot melt adhesive on the inside. You can safely go under water or direct burial with this stuff. But for 99% of the jobs good quality tape does it all.

Agreed! I'll often pack a little dielectric grease (the type sold in autoparts stores for battery terminals) into the connection itself, to prevent corrosion, then just wrap it tight with some *quality* PVC tape, like Scotch 700 - pull it tight as you're wrapping, so it stretches a bit and form-fits the connection.

The ONLY time this practice has failed me was on a rooftop installation where the gulls got the end of the tape wrap and proceeded to slowly unwrap it...

That coax-seal is the same as Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape im looking at. It comes in two type's and both types set hard

1) 19mm x 10m. Repairs and seals leaking pipes and hoses. Waterproofs and insulates electrical connections.

The othere type is a Self Fusing Silicone Tape Black

2) 25mm x 3m. Repairs pipes, joints and hoses. Waterproofs and insulates electrical connections

Actually, no it's not. Coax-seal is more like a putty tape. It doesn't harden.

that coaxseal is the stuff. i haven't seen it sold over here but i have used it on satellite installs. very good stuff.

however insulation tape will work ok. best stuff is the cheap STRETCHY tape. you need to stretch the hell out of it when you put it on.

only problem we tend to have is our high UV eats it over the years.

Actually, no it's not. Coax-seal is more like a putty tape. It doesn't harden.

Oh ok looking at the pic's it looked the same I think ill use tap then go over the tap with a light layer of Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape to stop the othere tap lifting up. Both are cheap to buy in the UK

I see some one trying to break in to my house on my laptop so I wont to say Oh twat do one the old bill are on there way

lmfao, pure brilliance

swamp

I've usually had good luck with quality 3M tape, but Panasonic does package the self-amalgamating rubber stuff with their domes, and it does work well.

Probably the most important thing is to do it properly.... Tightly wound, with no gaps.