protecvideo

IP based system with joystick for PTZ cameras.

Im trying to build an IP megapixel system using all Arecont domes (12) and 3 IP PTZ cameras. Looking for any good software that will support 12 arecont megapixel and 3 IP PTZ cameras.

Also the customer has asked that he be able to control the three IP PTZ cameras with a seperate joystick. I've had no problem with standard digital recorders hooking up multiple joysticks and such but can't seem to find any info using joysticks with IP based systems.

Does anyone have any info, links, or contacts I might be able to use to get m going? Thanks

Im trying to build an IP megapixel system using all Arecont domes (12) and 3 IP PTZ cameras. Looking for any good software that will support 12 arecont megapixel and 3 IP PTZ cameras.

Also the customer has asked that he be able to control the three IP PTZ cameras with a seperate joystick. I've had no problem with standard digital recorders hooking up multiple joysticks and such but can't seem to find any info using joysticks with IP based systems.

Does anyone have any info, links, or contacts I might be able to use to get m going? Thanks

Done it lots of times, which IP PTZ Cameras are you looking at using, I can then give more info on software platforms.

In the meantime have a look at these http://www.chproducts.com/oem/finger_ip_desktop.html

Depending on the software platform and how it supports the Joystick you can control Conventional PTZ, IP PTZ and Digital PTZ on the Megapixel Cameras. Also most of the mouse functions, almost taking away the need for the keyboard.

I haven't chosen the software or PTZ cameras because Im still trying to figure out which will work with what. Also I have never placed 12 megapaixel cameras on a system so I don't know if that will be an issue. Im open to any ideas and have a decent budget. Maybe axis IP PTZ's? http://www.axis.com/products/cam_215e/index.htm

SO many options. I'm more intrested in finding out what people have used with what software and that ha worked!

Thanks for the info on the joyticks.

you wont go wrong with axis, they have separate joysticks if you need them also. and software ones built in.

Arecont is also good stuff. make sure you get the DN models tho.

z

you wont go wrong with axis, they have separate joysticks if you need them also. and software ones built in.

Arecont is also good stuff. make sure you get the DN models tho.

z

Axis use the chproducts joystick, as do alot of the IP Systems on the market.