cglaeser

Panasonic WV-NW502S user name and password

I don't quite understand the software installation instructions for the 502. I was able to change the IP address and open an html page for the camera, but when I click setup, it requests a user name and password that I can not find in the manual. What is the default user name and password?

Best,

Christopher

Found it. The manual on the CD is different than the hard copy manual. The user name and password is admin / 12345.

Best,

Christopher

I would like to hear your thoughts on this camera and some images when you have it up and running.

Yes, I'll post more after the install is complete, but the construction is top end and the indoor images on the test bench look great. The auto back focus is also a welcome addition. Next project is to build and paint a simple support frame to mount under the eves.

The newly installed SIP-100 long range PIR is working great. The long-range narrow beam mirror can detect a cat at 330' in total darkness with virtually no false alarms. Have not yet tested the camera motion detection, but the plan is to use the PIR to augment the camera's detection.

Best,

Christopher

I would like to hear your thoughts on this camera and some images when you have it up and running.

Yes, I'll post more after the install is complete, but the construction is top end and the indoor images on the test bench look great. The auto back focus is also a welcome addition. Next project is to build and paint a simple support frame to mount under the eves.

The newly installed SIP-100 long range PIR is working great. The long-range narrow beam mirror can detect a cat at 330' in total darkness with virtually no false alarms. Have not yet tested the camera motion detection, but the plan is to use the PIR to augment the camera's detection.

Best,

Christopher

Not trying to be difficult, but I think most people would think detecting a cat IS a false alarm...

Not trying to be difficult, but I think most people would think detecting a cat IS a false alarm...

You're right, and I thought about adding a longer explanation when I typed that. The SIP-100 has three ranges, a long range, mid range, and creep zone. Each of the three zones has four independent sensitivity settings. What I meant by the cat and no false alarms is that you can set the sensitivity to trigger on small animals and still not get false alarms (meaning there is nothing there or just the wind). The sensitivity can be adjusted so that small animals do not trigger the device (the more common definition of false alarm). I now have it set for the latter (trigger on people but not small animals). I'm pretty sure I'm getting near perfect alarms (all people and no cats), but I won't know for certain until I complete the install of the new camera so I can review all events over a couple of weeks.

Best,

Christopher

One more comment on the SIP-100. The pattern is extremely narrow (10' wide at 330' range), which is perfect for this application. This PIR is used to monitor a foot path about 280' from the sensor, and there are trees and fences and structures all around, but there is a very narrow clear line of site to the intended target. On a windy day, the moving branches on either side of the line of site do not cause any false alarms. Suweet.

Best,

Christopher