wsrsecurity

Viewlog Playback Choppy on V8.31

We recently installed V8.31 with a GV1240 card at a site. 32 Cameras are installed.

We have set the unit up with 2 displays, and run the digital matrix with 16 cameras being displayed on 1 monitor, and the main geovision display on the other.

The problem that we have is that when using the Viewlog, it is very jumpy. The actual video clip if saved to a disk and played back elsewhere works fine, but when viewing directly off the system it skips and pauses during playback.

The system does have post and pre recording, but we were thinking along the lines of the CPU not handling the load of recording, displaying the digital matrix and the viewlog in one hit. But a Quad Core Intel is supplied and doesnt seem to be anywhere near 100% cpu load.

I am also running the viewlog screen over the Digital Matrix, rather than the main screen.

Any suggestions as to why the playback would be so choppy?

Hi, Geo uses alot of Ram, how much ram do you have, also which OS?

Other things to look at are what else is running/installed on the computer.

Perhaps also do a full test of the hard drive.

Rory

Properties of this system are 3.25G Ram (as show in the properties box) and i just checked the Graphics Adaptor and its a Nvidia 8400GS.

There is no special software installed on the system either, its literally a stock Windows XP PC with Geovision installed, and LOGMEIN for remote access.

It also runs 4HDD's (4x500Gig) for storage which are brand new, and its just starting to fill up now.

The site has a seperate 16channel Geo running which is fine, but its just the 32channel system that is causing this issue with the view log playback.

I've tried increasing the Motion Detection Sensitivity in case, for some reason, it was stopping the recording due to lack of major motion. But this doesn't seem to be the case, and does it at any sensitivity.

Hmmm. Strange. Although a default XP install should be tweaked it shouldnt cause that problem. make sure all cores are being recognized, check task manager. Also, in power options in control panel. select Always on mode for full CPU speed all the time. Remove Logmein for now, though it should be fine, just for now, it runs a couple extra services in the background so if you dont want to remove it, just goto administrative tasks, services, and disable them there, as well as removing from startup using run, msconfig.

Check your event logs .... order by type of message, look for errors (big red and white X).

Disable System Restore, Automatic Updates, and Hibernation.

Check temperatures .... CPU maybe overheating, or hard drives. But sounds more like video as the playback on another PC is fine? Check video card .. if the motherboard has onboard video perhaps try that .. is the motherboard chipset Intel?

If you want to run some reports to let us look at that is fine. Run a Hijack This report, also post the event logs, and a hardware report if you can. How are the hard drives setup, recycle bins disabled on the video drives? Etc.

I've managed to get some video of what is happening so i'm just trying to get this online and viewable.

The only way i can describe it is that the motion detection stops half way through motion and continues recording a few seconds later, leaving a gap of a couple of seconds in the video.

The system itself seems to be fine, just unsure at this stage whether there's an odd setting that has been missed.

I'm getting that as well. I'm using windows 7 and 8.3.2.

This just started after my last install. Not sure why. Just another Geo thing to track down, lol.

I think your last description is pretty good. Kind of like a stutter.....or images just freeze for about 1-3 seconds and then resume.

If i've settled my hardware issues, then I will attack this one next.