Racer_X

Kodicom KMC-4416R and WebDVR

I have a Kodicom KMC-4416R 16port card, and just got done setting up WebDVR. 1st try and it was all good. WOO HOO! When I am not at work, I can view my site from the web, and I also login and see others. When I am at work, none of the sites that I am able to usually view, work. I understand this is due to our firewall. My question is, how to I control the port settings on WebDVR to allow me to view my page from work Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Racer_X

That only changes the port the webserver runs on. I am talking about the WebDVR ActiveX video stream. I have contacted Kodicom, but their support, for lack of a better term, sucks, as does their documentation and their software interface.

When I Run Kodicom center, it by default only allows remote connectivity via port 8080. There is NO setting to change this.

If someone has any suggestions for other hardware/software packages, I am just about at wits end with Kodicom. Working urls would be greatly appreciated.

Kodicom 4416 on win2k WebDVR 4.11

Get a router. Then have it use 8080 as a private port and do the forward to a differant public port.

Not to chase you away, but Linksys has an excellent tutorial on their website...even in the router itself (when you log in) will tell you how to do it.

Unfortunately like most Linksys routers, the WRT54G does not have the public/private port feature.

D-Link routers like the DI-624 do support this feature. They call it virtual server.

All LInksys Routers have Application and Gaming, for Port Forwarding.

Right, but NOT private/public ports.

All you can do is forward a public port to an IP address. He needs to map a public port to a different private port and then forward to an IP address.

He won't be port forwarding but port forwarding/remaping. In a Linksys router you set forwarding on 80 and it just passes through traffic on 80. In this case the router would be moving it from 80 to 8080 along the way.

Okay, so what about the Port triggering in the Linksys router? isnt that what that is there for? Just nice to know for any future kodicom installs

lk1.gif

I am even more confused I will play with it this weekend, and let you know what I did, if I get it to work.

As of yet, (I have been to about 50 sites that use this software) and none of them work from my place of employment, (but they do work from home) so I am assuming that no one has done this with the kodicom software.

Does anyone happen to have the 4.12 site/center manaul laying around?

"Web DVR" uses apache web server. You will need to change the ports in a text file.

I realize this post is months after this thread has seen any activity, but I was hoping someone could explain where the text file is that will allow me to change the port from 80 to something a little less obvious.

Thanks!

C:\apache\conf\httpd.conf

Search the file for 80, I think it's the second occurrence you find. While you're at it, there's an e-mail address in there you may want to change to something more appropriate (you'll spot it when you do the port number change), it's currently an address @kodicom.com

There's more to it than that though, I've just set my system to use port 10000 and can't access it externally, I just get kicked out with the "Connection Failed" message when I click the "Login" button.