aliensquale

Anybody know about the Itellicam Day Night cams??

I was searching the web for a very good camera that I can mount outside, that can see in the dark, that is color during the day. I see so many different sorts of cameras. But one thing I think I came across is that I should definately get the Sony SuperHAD EXview CCD because that seems to be the best by everybodies opinions.

Anyhow, take a look at this store's cameras. They are saying that their EXCDN series Day/Night cameras are the best you can get.

http://www.intellicamspy.com/day_night.htm

Anybody that has used many different professional level cameras have you used these cameras? do you know how good and durable they are?

Thanks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DON'T GO TO THEM..

I learned the hard way, they use cheap chinesse cameras, and their stuff is the worse, plus the support is a joke

well I have seen some of their cameras that they have online through the BlueNet viewer and the cameras look very very good to me..

They look good, the prices are good, i mean, a color dome for $44 for dealers, but the problem is 6 monhts down the road, the cameras start to go bad, and they refused to change them, telling me that they only have a 30 day warranty even after the website says 1year.

i agree with hermin, cheap in cctv is exactly what it sais, they are cheap, and normally either dont last, or dont have any support worth mentioning.

Best day night ive seen, Extreme CCTV's EX82, plenty $$ though. Ganz has what looks like a good day night, great specs. So far ive only used the Sanyo day night camera., which was OK.

Well, for $149 you can certainly take a chance and get one to try out. I have a hard time believing that you can get 90' on just 12 LEDs, but give it a try. Will they give you a money back guarantee if not satisfied? Maybe you don't need 90' anyway. It doesn't have a vari-focal lens so you'll be stuck with wide angle, which may or may not do what you want.

I didnt even see that part, 90' with 12 LEDs, very doubtful, 40 IR LEDs barely give you 40-50 feet (Extreme CCTV products), especially with a wide anlge view, it is normally dark around the edges, andwide angles, are normally not as clear around the edges.

But yes for that price, you could get it, and for that price its worth it whether it works as it says or not! At least you will get some picture.

well the thing I noticed is that it comes with a 6mm lens... is this bad? should I get a 3.6mm lens instead? I would like as wide a range of view as possible?

The other thing I am confused about with this camera is it says that it is the Sony EXview SuperHAD ccd which I know for color is a .05 lux rating, but then it says it has a sensor to sense when it is night time, and when that is triggered the camera goes to black and white and the IR's turn on. Now tell me WHEN the camera switches to black and white at night, does that mean it now goes down to a .0003 LUX rating regardless of the IR's. Like if you pretended all the IR's were burned out and they didn't work, when the camera switches to black and white, is it now at .0003 lux? because that is the specifications fo rth eSony EXview black and white cameras...

I am just confused how the camera can switch from color to black and white.. is there 2 seperate CCD's in there or something?

The reason I ask all of this is because I am concerned that IF or maybe WHEN the IR's burn out, will the camera still see in the very dim starlight night. I keep hearing that the Sony EXview Black and White at a .0003 lux CAN see in starlight very good, but I don't know IF this camera will turn into a .0003 lux when it is in black and white mode or not.

Here is the link to the camera I am talking about.. it's the top one, the EXCDN12

http://www.intellicamspy.com/day_night.htm

That is a great picture. In fact I'm very impressed with the refresh rate on the transmission speed. This company has some very interesting products. I'll have to scope them out at the ISC show.

yeah what FPS speed do you think that video is streaming through the internet at?

and what refresh rate are you talking about? the page doesn't refresh does it? I only thought the video was termed as "Frames Per Second"

maybe there is two different numbers I have to worry about with web viewing of these cameras?

Refresh rate is the same as fps. I'd say that I was seeing close to 15 fps or better which is great. Of course they may have a really fast connection which is really the main limiting factor in viewing over the internet. It depends primarily on the upload speed your internet provider is giving you.

Upload speeds and download speeds are not the same. Most of the time the upload speed is far slower than the download. You'll have to talk to your internet provider about that aspect.

I see, but it isn't eating up your bandwidth ALL DAY LONG right if NOBODY is viewing your cam over the internet?

bandwidth is only used while viewing right?

Except the morons dont know how to 'design' software they have their appl set to too wide, 1000+ resolution, when most people are using 800.

And their is something wrong with the viewr,i t is all messed uop, cant see any video properly, keeps freezing up the browser & OS also.

Just from that, Id stay far away from it. Trust me its not my PC, ive just tested about 20 other browser/windows beased video softwares here over the past few days.

ROry

They are their own technology (LRX), best Ive seen, outperforms Sony, and anyone else, the best color camera, and overall day night camera, ive tested alot of them, and this one is great. They also use it at US airforce bases, UN bases, duing the last war in IRaq & Afganistan (with the wireless packs), and movie stars use them all over hollywood at their homes.

They have them all over london now also, maybe not this model, but the brand Extreme CCTV.

But yes, $1250 US, so not cheap, then again, its 2 cameras, plus IR LEDs, so its really not an outrages price considering most high res color cameras with varifocal AI lens can cost $300, BW cost $200, 150' IR costing $600, all in one with built in fan, suregprotection, photcell, and more.

why is it two cameras?

because you get a better picture from seperate cameras, than 1 camera doing dual functions.

In other words, if you really wanted to see at night only, and get the best picture at night possible, get a low light BW camera, and use a IR Bulb/LED for pitch dark. if you wanted the best picture during the day, get a high lux color camera, as you arent concerned with low light.

Although Extreme is an incredibly good camera I think it might be overkill for his project. A friend of mine is the Extreme CCTV rep out here and his business has been steadily climbing since it is the choice of most high end projects. But I think for watching garbage cans you can safely use the lower priced units.

I had no problems viewing the BlueNet, in fact I got very close to real time imaging with good resolution. I'm not sure why Rory is not able to view it.

Perhaps the connection wasn't good. Still, the BlueNet isn't going to be practical for this application. The GeoVision GV-250 is really the best in this case.

Id agree, not use it for watching garbage cans, unless you are rich and have some very expensive cancs.!

i tried everything, I just get a mixture of video like a fishtank, a warehouse, etc, comingand going with all kind of fuzzy stuff. And it would freeeze up windows on and off, making everything else run very very slow. Maybe I need a faster computer! :-0 (I have 2.2Ghz)

Maybe it only works on windows XP?? Im using windows ME, and I know I dont have the latest direct X installed.