Mnorman

Anyone having issues with 7.7/6480EXP cards?

Hey guys/gals,

Was just wondering what everyoine thinks about the version 7.7 software and the 6480 cards. I have been having a few problems with a couple cameras since the upgrade. I will detail the issues after the system specs.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 P45 ATX Mobo

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield running stock at 2.83GHZ

EVGA 512-P3-N973-TR 9800GT Video Card

PC Power & Cooling PPCT860 860 watt PSU

Corsair Dominator 4GB (4x1GB) 240 Pin DDR2 1066 RAM

Western Digital WD5000AAKB 500GB Ultra IDE HDD (OS only)

3 x Western Digital WD1001FALS 1TB SATA 3.0GB/s Drives (data)

2 x NV6480EXP DVR cards

All in a Lian Li PCA70B Full Tower case

2x Acer X223WBD 22" wide screen monitors

Running Avermedia Software version 7.7.0.0015SP1

IP Camera patch version .46

Win XP Pro SP3 (all updates)

Problems I am having since the upgrade from 7.3 version are as follow:

1. IQeye 755 5.0MP camera is constantly picking up motion without any motion in the live view at over 35% motion detection. (This is different than the 75% it was always set at in 7.3)

2. Arecont 3100M 3.1MP experiences video loss a lot now, but I can connect to the camera via internet browser and obtain a perfect live feed.

3. Arecont 1300M 1.3MP is now more sensitve to pixels moving as well, forcing the motion sensitivity to be scaled down.

Where are the instructions with the 7.7 software? I see they added some features, but didn't include any instruction .PDF in the download. Face Finder looks cool, but doubt we will ever use it. There are other little UI differences and a few other selectable things that may be a help if they told us what the did.

What are your thoughts all?

running it on a Vostro......have Axis207MW's, Acti 8211 - 7411 - 6630 - 3701, multiple analog, and a 1304satanet...................

- have not noticed any issues as you noted above other than if I add or remove a IP camera I have to restart the program otherwise the changes don't take....

Looks like I fixed most of the little issues previosly mentioned. You know, looking back at the last couple weeks, Avermedia should have an installation readme in the download. It wouldn't have to be much, but could have things like simple uninstall instructions and the new install procedure. I was able to figure it out, but would have been a bit faster with a guide for sure.

The IQeye 755 is still really sensitive on the regular motion setting, but if I setup zones, the sensitivty numbers are more like they were in the 7.3 software.

The Arecont 3100M we have doesn't like Avermedia much, or maybe it is the other way around. It seems if I raise the FPS to 15, like I would like it to be and have the quality higher than 8, it goes into video loss at the full 3MP resolution. May be a firmware thing though.

I am still pretty impressed with Avermedia considering the bandwidth I am throwing at it.

Happy Holidays all