Todd

Video lost, memory error and 8.3.2

I've recently rebuilt my old gv1000 with a gv1480A. I'm using a Asus p5kpl-AM motherboard, q6600, 2 gigs ram and onboard intel graphics (x4500).

Brand new install of windows (new hard drives), card and version 8.3.1

The system runs for 1-3 hours and logs a video lost and then crashes.

We put a different monitor on it for one day and the system worked all day.....then we changed the monitor and it crashed in 1 1/2 hours after we closed our business.

Yesterday I uninstalled software, deleted registry settings, all folders I could find and reinstalled system. I know I must have missed some since my settings and passwords worked without resetting.

System ran for 11 hours and crashed in middle of night. I'm clueless.

Couple of questions. Could an old CRT monitor do something like this? I'm using onboard graphics. Would running a nvidia 8600 (or other suggestion) be a good idea?

I was on geovision site. They are showing version 8.3.2 software now. One of the fixes is "lost video". Good idea?

Generally mine just crashes saying the software is incompatible with your location (or something like that) Then it says it cant referance memory at 0x0000000x00.

Windows has never crashed. Using XP pro with all service packs except IE8 installed.

Long post. Thanks for any ideas.

Ok, happened again. Went about 5 hours this time. I got video lost on all cameras. Here is the error(s)

=================================

This software is incompatible with your location (then I clicked ok)

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x0000000" the memory could not be "read"

Click OK to terminate the program.

============================================

After that I have to reboot the whole computer to get it to run again.

Thats the PCIe card right? Power supply connected to it properly?

Hardware specs look okay. Make sure you have an NTSC version, and its not a pirate card.

Check the Geo system log for errors.

Check the Windows Event logs for errors.

When uninstalling also manually remove all the geo*.ini files in the Windows folder. Remove the Geo folder completely. Do a reg clean, CCleaner is enough.

Yep, PCIe card.

Power connected to it although I will double check a second time.

Best I can tell it's a "real" card. Box says comboA card and chips say geovision on them.....although that doesn't mean much. I do have the hologram on box and serial #/barcode.

The seller is local and has security business so I doubt that it's fake. Unless of course he doesn't know.

I will have to attack the geo ini files possibly. I got all the files in "multicam" and manually deleted registry.

It would that the power is the issue since it runs for hours before crashing. And it crashed in the middle of the night with the least possible amount of juice needed.

How would I determine a NTSC version? Other than that is what I set things at in the software.

I contacted Geovision and they gave me a link to download 8.3.2 software and driver. They were pretty "matter of fact" that this would correct the problem.

They gave me a link and i'm downloading it now. I will report back in a day or so when I get it installed and see if it works ok.

I did see in the "bug" fixes that "lost video" was a fix. Crossing my fingers.

Hard to compare to Vista though, lol

Wonder if 8.3.2 officially supports windows7... Now that would be nice. I like 7.