melisandeneowald

Stapler / Tacker for siamese RG59/U 18/2 cable

I've use a standard T25 curved-crown staple just over the coax side of the wire, and brad nailer just through the webbing.

My preference is saddles and zip-ties, though.

I've use a standard T25 curved-crown staple just over the coax side of the wire

Is the web wide enough, in a way that a T25 will do a good job without harming any conductors? (I could have tried myself, but my first order of siamese cable is in the mail right now)

a T50 should do it, I use to have one but misplaced it. Now i just use the clips with the tiny nails if run loose at all.

Hi,

What kind of Stapler / Tacker do you guys use for for siamese RG59/U 18/2 cable?

You close to a Lowes? I have two staplers, one for security etc. and one for my siamese. The Lowes stapler uses the wide staples with a plastic protector on them. Work great with the siamese but I don't find it works to well with CAT 5 as the cable groove in the stapler is shallow and I was always snagging the cable with a staple so that's why I got the second stapler.

I can't recall the name of the stapler right now but it is a red stapler If I remember to check the make and model tomorrow I'll add it into my reply here.

You close to a Lowes? The Lowes stapler uses the wide staples with a plastic protector on them.

No Lowes arround here.

Is it like the Arrow T72 Insulated Fastener Wire Tacker.

I've also found the Acme 75A Staple Gun For NM Building Wire (Like 14/2 and 12/2) for cables up to 1/2".

"Patented design will not crush or damage cables and wires"

"The unique staple driving system of the 75A will not damage or sever building wire and delicate cables."

It may be a bit overkill but I've had great luck with one called the Powerfast Strap Gun. Basically shoots Romex staples.

It can be found at most home improvement/hardware stores.

You close to a Lowes? The Lowes stapler uses the wide staples with a plastic protector on them.

No Lowes arround here.

Is it like the Arrow T72 Insulated Fastener Wire Tacker.

I've also found the Acme 75A Staple Gun For NM Building Wire (Like 14/2 and 12/2) for cables up to 1/2".

"Patented design will not crush or damage cables and wires"

"The unique staple driving system of the 75A will not damage or sever building wire and delicate cables."

Yes it's like those. Mine is great but I found something I don't like. It is not strong enough. A lot of time I need to carry a hammer just to hammer the rest in the wood I've had better luck with Arrow stuff.

I always use zip ties and a base. If you ever have to get at the cable or add another it makes a difference. If you do staple through the wire it may be a project finding the short or open. We do not even staple phone wire. data never

I always use zip ties and a base. If you ever have to get at the cable or add another it makes a difference. If you do staple through the wire it may be a project finding the short or open. We do not even staple phone wire. data never

I would just add that screwing a zip tie to a surface is probably the safest way to go. As mentioned above, if you have to move that cable you might have some fun pulling the staples without accidentally causing some damage to the cable.

On any coax, be careful that you do not crunch the cable. Changing the original cable design, could degenerate your video. It may be small and not notice it, but if you have to make a first generation picture, it may show up. We use clips as much as possible. If you have a long run, do not use staples. Say in a 200 foot run and you crunch the cable 3 or 4 times,

you will see a difference, especially if you have the correct video analizing equipment. We use this type of equipment on every job and it pays off.

You would be amazed at the signal loss you can get with a poor installation. Other installers wonder why we have so many good reproductions for the papers and this is the answer. (These repos are from holdups) Another tip. Don't make sharp 90 degree bends with your cable.

On any coax, be careful that you do not crunch the cable. Changing the original cable design, could degenerate your video.

I think this is good advice. I think I'll go with the screw-able zip ties (Mountable head Cable Tie) then.

Thank you all a lot for your input!

I tried using the "screw-able" zip ties once, thought it was a cool idea... problem I found was, if you need to adjust or add to, or worse, remove from your bundle, or for whatever reason need to cut the tie... then you have to remove the old stub and re-screw the new tie. They're more expensive, so you don't want to just use them for EVERYTHING, so now you need to carry two different types... and they tend to twist out of place when you tighten the screw down. I have two bundles of these things, black and white, that I haven't used in years.

I MUCH prefer these sort of anchors:

03k7622s3.jpg

The top row in particular, are clean and solid, and extremely useful - I've often used them to attach equipment to the wall by placing them in a sqaure pattern matching the outline of the gear (within the outline, so the stand it off from the wall), then zapping the gear down to them. Best part is, if you need to cut your straps, your anchors are still there for re-use.

I MUCH prefer these sort of anchors:

Me too. I leave all the ties loose until everything is working fine, but even after cinching tight, the ties can be easily cut and replaced.

Best,

Christopher