G22

Sanyo DSR-3506H80 DVR

never used it, or even thought of using it..

but their cameras are decent, ulgy but decent, so probably the same for their DVRs ..they need to change the 80's stylin though!

Yes, they are "out dated" in the DVR design, but they are solid. The clients we have installed them at, are very happy with them. They are also very end-user friendly (unlike others). I have yet to have one go bad. By the way, that's a good price too.

It's a network card. The software is Java Script. I was just wondering if I put a wireless card in it, if it would work? I have to try that.

Solid DVR for 6-channel world... Few draw back though... their maximum DVR resolution is between 30FPS to 60FPS dependent on the model. Very good warranty (3 years) and exchange or replacement procedures in place if anything goes wrong.

According to Sanyo, they are introducing 120FPS DVR that will be showing in the ISC. Already saw it and it is the same packaging, however they made some serious changes in the firmware that allows to achieve this type of resolutions...

All in all, excellent product and structured as a medium priced DVR with excellent support...

Levon

Does the network software have a disk map or disk analysis?

How are the search features?

Yes it does... very primitive, but very stable... I saw their latest and greatest software and the DVR few weeks ago and I think finally they have done a great job to match up with at least the minimal DVR functionality requirements. They also will drop the pricing to compete more aggresively with GE and DM...

Unlike their previous boxes, the newer ones come with POS interface ready - well, that is what they said, but we did not have a chance to test it yet.

We should have product arriving in a few weeks after the ISC show.

Levon

I was looking at the Nuvico and though I havent seen the software in person, the image shots of it in the datasheet, portray it as having a very powerful network software. Any experiences with the Nuvico? Seems it has all the features of a PC based also ..

For the price, it would enable me to drop all the other high end kalatels, etc, if it is as stable, in other words, do they lock up?

Sanyo DVRs, dont have a need to consider using them ...theres so much more out there that is better and cheaper.

thanks

rory

We never used Nuvico and we should according to many good posts that I have seen... The problem for us is that it is not a major manufacturer and majority of our dealers and customer do not care for it... I know that few other companies are OEM-ing their DVRs, but again, no demand yet...

All the majors are behind the curve when it comes to DVR technologies. Smaller size manufucturers always are pushing the envelope, thus you always will have newer DVR features and functions with them before you see with majors... However, most smaller manufacturers are here today and gone tomorrow, therefore we can not rely on them.

Sanyo has always been way behind the curve... I found out that the head of marketing of Panasonic now works for Sanyo and since I know what his capabilities are, I know that he will turn Sanyo around fairly quickly. I have seen their latest DVR and I thought it had major improvements and is worth the money. Besides, they always made very stable and cost effective DVRs, so I think these latest ones will follow the same path...

Levon

I hope Sanyo doesnt discontinue their DVRs as quick as they do their cameras .. ??

Hey guys...

I will be meeting with them middle next week and suppose to have all their latest and greatest stuff... At the moment, they are changing many of their products including DVRs..

G22, do not worry about it.. It will be avail shortly in their website....

Levon

Question though, why would you use the Sanyo, over the Kalatel DVRs?? I dont see the point.

Myself, I want the bestest of the best... for the cheapest.

I guess another reason is that I have never heard of Kalatel until visiting this board. I also like the CF slot option on the Sanyo.

I just need to do more research before committing to any one, even Sanyo. I have never been a fan of Sanyo in general. The only thing Sanyo I have ever bought is a cordless phone, and it a POS.

Never heard of Kalatel??? They were one of the first to make a DVR. At one time there were only 3 of them that could compete, Kalatel, Teleplex, and Kodicom. Trust me, Sanyo isnt cheap. Kalatel has the best price on a long lasting 4 channel DVR, the StoreSafe-4-40.

Nope, never a heard of em. Never heard of a DVR up until the time to look for a CCTV system at work.

But now I be heard of em

Ahh, well that makes sense then

Anyway, Kalatel (now GE) is a bigger player in the DVR industry then Sanyo, and as far as I have seen around the same price.

Rory,

They are basically the same technology and a good brand.. Some people like GE and some like Sanyo. By restricting ourselves with just GE will never pay the bills.. Besides, Sanyo's pricing is improving and they are competing, thus overall they are coming in-line with most of everyone else...

Levon

I dont restrict myself with just GE (see my home page), just dont know anyone that uses Sanyo DVRs, and why they would use it over the Kalatel .. it doesnt look that impressive. From the rate they discontinue their cameras, makes yah wonder. Now if they could make it look like it is made in the 90's at least .. then it would be worth checking out ....

Perhaps its a 'sleeper'. Looks may be deceiving

Could be .. ill hit the snooze alarm ..

None of these price ranged DVRs liek Kalatel, Sanyo, Bosch, etc, is going to pay the bills anyway, its not often enough that one gets a sale for these to make it worth talking about ....

the $500 DVRs, and some nice unstable windows XPs, thats whats going to pay the bills dreds ..

...though i havent been able to crash i-view yet ..

6800 bohemian dollas?? That like over $8400 CAD

I could prob pay off the rest of my student loan

6800 bohemian dollas?? That like over $8400 CAD

I could prob pay off the rest of my student loan

yep, its a US$4500 DVR, time as you add 45% Customs Duty on top of that, plus warranty and shipping .... thats CHEAP ..

I wonder what the brokerage fees (*cough* UPS) would be if I ordered a similar DVR from the US. What if I just ask the sender (if they would even do such a thing) to declare the value as say $500 USD??