Sign in to follow this  
Beachboy223

Good CCTV Software to record from internet

Hello !

I will be installing 2 Ip Megapixel Cameras at a gate they will be conected to the internet (not NVR or DVr here) what will be a good software to record and monitoring at a remote location over the internet or any other sugestion?

Thank you very much George

ps: Happy Holidays

Most IP cameras, cheap or expensive have web servers built into them. So you expose the port to the internet via your router and you create visitor/guest userids that are allowed to view the camera live. The only camera I've used that don't do this is Arecont. There's limitation of about 5-10 users per camera.

The other alternative is to have the IP camera ftp an image to your website and then put the image on your website. For example, I put an image every 5 minutes for my community of our park cameras. With this, you can have lots of people looking at it.

you better have a real fast low latency connection, and be prepared for a shocker of a bill !

Thats why the AXIS [Q1755] & mobotix cams are good they can run as mini DVR's and you can log in if needed. [you dont need a HS connection then]

z

Thank you guys!let me explain better

only the security guard will be looking at cameras what i need is a software that will record from internet at the guard place

Thank again George

Thank you guys!let me explain better

only the security guard will be looking at cameras what i need is a software that will record from internet at the guard place

Thank again George

Get exacq and 2 lic and u done

Most IP cameras, cheap or expensive have web servers built into them. So you expose the port to the internet via your router and you create visitor/guest userids that are allowed to view the camera live. The only camera I've used that don't do this is Arecont. There's limitation of about 5-10 users per camera.

The other alternative is to have the IP camera ftp an image to your website and then put the image on your website. For example, I put an image every 5 minutes for my community of our park cameras. With this, you can have lots of people looking at it.

Are u saying that Arecont don't have build in web servers ?

Unless you have a EXTREMELY fast internet connection (I mean, something like DS3, several thousand dollars a month), recording megapixel cameras remotely is going to be almost impossible at full resolution, or any kind of decent frame rate.

You'd do better to look into something like Mobotix, where recording is done at the camera, and you can view down-sampled, compressed video remotely, and then download full res video if there is a incident.