Scruit

Avermedia EB1304MOB corruption issues persist

So I've never installed a permenent DVR to a car before... but I would be inclined to think that the DC voltage would be too inconsistent to use it directly. While installing other devices, I've found that the 4 different cars I've owned the DC voltage would fluxuate 25 percent or more even at the battery...

I would be inclined to think an AC/DC inverter coupled with a AC line conditioner would be the ideal way to go.

Is this not the case?

Does the DVR come with some sort of DC to DC voltage regulator? While I know it would be more effecient, is it reliable?

I've only seen AC to DC regulators...

mobile DVR have their own built in regulators to run the unit and gives regulated 12v output for the cameras which you really need to use as it gives better picture. just watch you don't go over the max current limit especially when the IR turns on.

interesting... learn something everyday.

How are those new EB1304 satas DVRs running? Pretty reliable? Putting one in my car/truck sounds like a neat project....

Is the GPS reciever something Aver makes? What's the part #?

interesting... learn something everyday.

How are those new EB1304 satas DVRs running? Pretty reliable? Putting one in my car/truck sounds like a neat project....

Is the GPS reciever something Aver makes? What's the part #?

hi bpzle. you need to ask avermedia usa why they are not selling the full avermedia mobile range. the uk one also has avermedias own 3g for remote viewing and also google tracking.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Products.aspx?CID=16

So I've never installed a permenent DVR to a car before... but I would be inclined to think that the DC voltage would be too inconsistent to use it directly. While installing other devices, I've found that the 4 different cars I've owned the DC voltage would fluxuate 25 percent or more even at the battery...

That is why I went with this to manage voltage:

http://www.powerstream.com/dc2.htm

The PST-DC/2812-8 model to be exact. Works beautifully. The only possible problem I can see with it is that it will output 12.08VDC right until the battery output fell to 10.1V. Car batteries do not like being fully discharged and will require replacement sooner than normal because of this but my intention was for a slightly different application than using the device as a mobile DVR. Of course, if you wished to really do it right you would install a small marine battery to keep the DVR operating and have a switch installed to prevent the system from drawing upon the car's battery when the vehicle is shut off.