swampguinnie

Acti 7411 in low level lighting Snapshot

Hi guys,

I am just posting a snapshot of my acti 7411. When i first installed it, it was black & white only. I proceeded to upgrade the wall lights to energy saving 30w (equivalent of 130w) bulbs & still it was black & white.

I then bought a 1w led and pointed it just off the light sensor on the camera and hey presto it was colour even without the tables on.

A good fix for low level lighting solutions where you want to trick the camera into colour all the time.

Swampie

Pool2.jpg.ca519660c08fd38179e352b459fa45e5.jpg

1021830374_PoolNotableson.jpg.98240efadb7212c9e3bd0f2e49de7bad.jpg

What do you all think? are these any good for my 1st installation?

Thanks

Would be nice to see in full resolution

Thanks AK,

How would I obtain full resolution? It is already set to 1280x1024 and 8fps

Regards

Swampie

What do you all think? are these any good for my 1st installation?

Thanks

Would be nice to see in full resolution

Thanks AK,

How would I obtain full resolution? It is already set to 1280x1024 and 8fps

Regards

Swampie

What i mean that pix u posted is 800X600 pix

if u can plz post at full res

Thanks

Thanks

Well AK I am stuck then, the Camera in web viewer is set to 1280x1024 & on the avermedia setting is N1280x1024 & I wouldn't know how to obtain a higher resolution. I have fiddled with every setting and cant obtain a higher resolution.

Admittedly in the record setting of avermedia eh5116pro, it records in 1280x720 and that I cannot better either as it wont let me adjust that setting. So maybe the snapshot is in the same 1280x720.

UPDATE:-

I am connecting to my monitor via a VGA cable & setting on the back of the DVR is on VGA, can someone tell me if I can connect using SXGA using the avermedia eh5116pro? is this the problem?

Thanks

Well AK I am stuck then, the Camera in web viewer is set to 1280x1024 & on the avermedia setting is N1280x1024 & I wouldn't know how to obtain a higher resolution. I have fiddled with every setting and cant obtain a higher resolution.

Admittedly in the record setting of avermedia eh5116pro, it records in 1280x720 and that I cannot better either as it wont let me adjust that setting. So maybe the snapshot is in the same 1280x720.

UPDATE:-

I am connecting to my monitor via a VGA cable & setting on the back of the DVR is on VGA, can someone tell me if I can connect using SXGA using the avermedia eh5116pro? is this the problem?

I guess that Forum resize your pix

don't worry about

and by the way I would tilt down camera a little

You don't have to see ceiling

Nice shots. I just installed 14 of these myself recently. They have there issues but overall I'm happy with them. I used the EH5216+ for install so we got almost the same setup going. Overall I'm happy with the install. I have mine set to 4 FPS because I can't get 8 with the 5216 when I have 9 on one DVR. When the lights go down a bit I get a lot of motion blur. If someone walks by they are a big blur which is frustrating.

I agree with AK though, bring it down a bit so not to capture the ceiling.

Nice shots. I just installed 14 of these myself recently. They have there issues but overall I'm happy with them. I used the EH5216+ for install so we got almost the same setup going. Overall I'm happy with the install. I have mine set to 4 FPS because I can't get 8 with the 5216 when I have 9 on one DVR. When the lights go down a bit I get a lot of motion blur. If someone walks by they are a big blur which is frustrating.

I agree with AK though, bring it down a bit so not to capture the ceiling.

Thanks AK & 3RDIGLBL,

I will lower the camera away from the ceiling.

3RD, I also get motion blur when people are not stood still, I found that in the web configurator - under host setting - ToS(Type of Service) - If you enable this, you get a lot less motion blur, but in my low level light areas covered, it makes the picture a little too dark. Shame really as it really does improve blur.

Version V2.0 - Video Setting

Camera Name :- Lounge Entrance

Streaming Method:- TCP Only

Audio in:- Disabled

Resolution :- 1280x1024

Frame Rate Mode :- Constant

Frame Rate :- 8

Encoder Type :- MPEG4

Video Bitrate Mode :- Constant Bit Rate

Video Maximum Bitrate :- Unlimited

Bitrate :- 3M

Above are my video settings, would you let me know what yours are and if there is anything I could & should be changing please?

Also should I be using MPEG4 or MJPEG, whats the differance?

Swampie

I don't understand why you have to trick the camera, doesn't it have a setting for what lux the camera switches to B&W or moves the IR filter. For example, our our Mobotix, the default is set for 10 Lux, but I can change it to 0 Lux and it won't switch to B&W, not that I would want that, but you can. Same with Arecont, you can set a what point to move the IR filter (assuming it's the DN version that has the filter).

I don't understand why you have to trick the camera, doesn't it have a setting for what lux the camera switches to B&W or moves the IR filter. For example, our our Mobotix, the default is set for 10 Lux, but I can change it to 0 Lux and it won't switch to B&W, not that I would want that, but you can. Same with Arecont, you can set a what point to move the IR filter (assuming it's the DN version that has the filter).

The Acti camera uses a photocell for day/night switching and you can't adjust the level at which it switches at.

in most cases you wont find day night manual adjustment levels unless you spend alot on the camera, like extreme CCTV and as you mentioned, Mobotix.