skytech security

Help with "video loss" problem

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me in this forum.

I installed a Swann 4 Ch PC-DVR card and connected four cameras few months ago and it has been working very well, I could access it anywhere without problem.

But until last week, once of the channel (Ch 1) kept displaying "Video Loss" on the screen. This is what I have done without luck:

* replaced the video cable

* reinstalled the DVR software that was provided by Swann

* contacted Swann's help desk and they had no clue

And this is what I did in troubleshooting:

* plugged the Cam 1 to different channel (2, 3, 4) and it wasn't working

* plugged other cameras to Ch1 and all of them were working without problem.

I plugged the Cam1 (camera in problem) into a laptop with USB DVR and it got signalled.

Does anyone what the problem is? I have been trying to solve the problem without any success so far. your suggestion or help is much appreciated.

Regards,

yan

You have a camera issue, if Ch1 works fine with other cameras, and cam 1 didn't work on other channels, than it's malfunctioning, no mater that it's working on your laptop USB DVR. My guess is that signal from that camera went out of specified range (1-2 Vp-p) because DVR input stages are quite sensitive to such issues.

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me in this forum.

I installed a Swann 4 Ch PC-DVR card and connected four cameras few months ago and it has been working very well, I could access it anywhere without problem.

But until last week, once of the channel (Ch 1) kept displaying "Video Loss" on the screen. This is what I have done without luck:

* replaced the video cable

* reinstalled the DVR software that was provided by Swann

* contacted Swann's help desk and they had no clue

And this is what I did in troubleshooting:

* plugged the Cam 1 to different channel (2, 3, 4) and it wasn't working

* plugged other cameras to Ch1 and all of them were working without problem.

I plugged the Cam1 (camera in problem) into a laptop with USB DVR and it got signalled.

Does anyone what the problem is? I have been trying to solve the problem without any success so far. your suggestion or help is much appreciated.

Regards,

yan

if you have pluged another camera into port 1 and it works then its not the port. if the faulty camera works in laptop. then you only have 1 problem left. the cable to that camera. the swan is a 5 pin plug and play if i remember so you have no power supply. ???