motofox

Speeddome pzt guru needed

Hi im pretty new to the site so sorry for the noobness.

I have a oldish camera called a sensornet speeddome think its VIII, iv sourced a decent psu and got it powered up and got video to my pc.

id love to get the pzt working so need some direction with the wires.

what is best way to comunicate to com1 on my pc ?? cam supports manchester,pelco P,vicon,sensornet and coaxitron.

Im thinking of buying a rs422-rs232 converter for my pc so if somone knows the pinouts to that or the camera that would be great ! i dont get the rx+ rx- tx+ tx- bit yet but im sure il get there.

also, would sending commands from hyperterminal in windows work ?? i have a cheap and nasty pico2000 card and software i might try to control it but will be looking for the geovision in time.

im sure somone must have done this and its probably been posted a million times but iv spent hours looking.

thanks in advance. plz help

Hi! You should get an RS232 to RS485 converter. That will have 2 leads that you'll need to send to the receiver leads on the camera. The tx/rx is transmit/receive. You should be able to send commands to that com port through hyperterminal, but I don't know much about that. Do you currently have any software that will control that PTZ?

Hi, thanks for the reply.. dont laugh but il be trying to use the latest version of pico2000 software, its been installed for years and does the job. it has built in pzt in pico2000 but not many protocols, i think i saw pelco p or somthing like that, so hopfully that should work. can you recomend some software to control it ? ideally remotly over internet.

oh and the i/o board only has connections for sensormatica and rs422, will that cause problems ?

thanks again.

thanks for all the help on here, obviously unless im buying expensive professional kit no one is interested here - thanks to other forums i have my answers.

thanks for all the help on here, obviously unless im buying expensive professional kit no one is interested here

Nonsense. Did you consider that it's the holiday season and not a lot of people are around?

In any case, an RS-232/422 converter is not generally necessary - just connect pins 3 (data TX) and 5 (signal ground) on your computer's DB9 serial port, to RX+ and RX- (receive positive and negative) on the camera, and you should be good to go.

I'm trying to use Geovision to control three of my SpeedDome Ultra III Camera's. I tried using the same method and was unsuccessful.

Pin3 to (Rs422 in High+) and Pin5 to (RS422 in Low-)

is the above correct. If so are there any other recommendation?

I really appreciate any help and advice.

Try connecting the wires, firing up the computer and camera, then swapping the wires without restarting. It's weird, but I've seen this work...