Wildcat1

Help With Residential System

All

I am looking for a 'good' residential system. Due to working with broadcast video equipment my expectations are high but would like ot keep budget manageable. I have come to the conclusion that I need more than 4 cameras so would like the ability to upgrade later on. I also want the option of 15-30fps in D1.

Trying to find my way round the CCTV minefield has been interesting to say the least. Blows my mind how some manufacturers try the 30fps ploy even though they are referring to CIF (352x res).

So with that said on the dedicated DVRs, I have narrowed it down to :

Avermedia EH5216

Intellicam RTA D1

These were the only 2 I could find with decent specs that come in around the $1k to $1.5k mark.

I am trying to staying the nice side of $2k if I can so would love to have comments and reco's on the abov and some say/night cams that would compliment this.

Thanks all, sure will hav e some more questions about install after this.

BTW is the 5108 Aver available here in the U.S. ?

WC

Avermedia EH5216

Intellicam RTA D1

I like the EH5216 and was preparing to place an order, but have been following the recent thread regarding an apparent interlace issue. I'm hoping the problem can be isolated and corrected relatively soon so I can move forward with the install.

Best,

Christopher

I'm also considering a DVR card setup using maybe a 6240. Need to understand how best to run power though when you are using a PC based system rather than dedicate

Need to understand how best to run power though when you are using a PC based system rather than dedicate

What do you mean by "run power"?

Best,

Christopher

I'm also considering a DVR card setup using maybe a 6240. Need to understand how best to run power though when you are using a PC based system rather than dedicate

hi wild cat they is no differance in how you run power with pc or dedicated system.

All

I am looking for a 'good' residential system. Due to working with broadcast video equipment my expectations are high but would like ot keep budget manageable. I have come to the conclusion that I need more than 4 cameras so would like the ability to upgrade later on. I also want the option of 15-30fps in D1.

Trying to find my way round the CCTV minefield has been interesting to say the least. Blows my mind how some manufacturers try the 30fps ploy even though they are referring to CIF (352x res).

Avermedia EH5216

Intellicam RTA D1

These were the only 2 I could find with decent specs that come in around the $1k to $1.5k mark.

I am trying to staying the nice side of $2k if I can so would love to have comments and reco's on the abov and some say/night cams that would compliment this.

Thanks all, sure will hav e some more questions about install after this.

BTW is the 5108 Aver available here in the U.S. ?

WC

Hi wildcat. for the same money why not have a look at the nv avermedia. here is a demo. http://www.cctvengineer.com/page3.html