H3llT0uCh

CCTV and Internet(ADSL) Problems

Hi all..

I have a analog CCTV camera with infrared, conected to a tv by RCA cable(Audio and Video) and I have a problem.

When it starts to be dark, the infrared start working, and at that time my ADSL line is allways going down.

I can't have the camera and the Internet conection working at the same time.

Anyone know why it does that?

Regards.

That sounds really odd, there's no reason that should happen. What happens if you power off the camera after the DSL goes down, does the DSL come back online? How about if you shine a flashlight into the camera so it turns off the IR?

That sounds really odd, there's no reason that should happen. What happens if you power off the camera after the DSL goes down, does the DSL come back online? How about if you shine a flashlight into the camera so it turns off the IR?

Yes. it comes back everytime, if i don't power off the camera the DSL comes back online, but in a few seconds it goes down again.

I never tried that of flashlight.

for exemple, with the camera power off, In the values of router, the SNR(Signal to Noise Ratio) is at 10 dB, if i turn on the camera power the SNR goes down to 7.5/8 what causes the DSL line to go down.

:S

I must say that the camera is connect to a tv, that is conect to normal RF television signal.

If I disconnect the RF cable of the tv, it still decrease the SNR but only about 1 dB.

I also tried to conect the camera to a VCR and then conect the VCR to RF signal of the house, so i can see the CCTV channel all over the house, and it do the same thing.

I don't know if have anything related, but i'm using a normal cable, to connect the camera, and it's about 30 meters long.

hows the adsl connected tot he tv ?

do you have tv over internet, cable tv or media pc ?

off the top of my head the IR on the camera is causing the power supply to go noisy and you probably have a ground loop or power cable close to adsl line.

depends a bit on what device(s) have the adsl connect to them and how the interfeernce is getting to it (through earths or radiated)

a simply way would be try changing the power supply for camera or fit isolator on the camera feed.

hows the adsl connected tot he tv ?

do you have tv over internet, cable tv or media pc ?

off the top of my head the IR on the camera is causing the power supply to go noisy and you probably have a ground loop or power cable close to adsl line.

depends a bit on what device(s) have the adsl connect to them and how the interfeernce is getting to it (through earths or radiated)

a simply way would be try changing the power supply for camera or fit isolator on the camera feed.

Sorry that i dind't explain that.

The TV works by the internet, it's a 3 Play Service(TV + Internet + Phone, MEO service from Portugal) over ADSL Line.

I will try to change the power supply of the camera, then i say something.

Thanks for advices.

-EDIT-

I found the problem thanks to you.

I change the power supply for other, i go check the original power suply and i saw that was 12V 1A, so i go around the house looking for one equal, but I only found a 12V 1,2A.. Well, I think, it's a litle stronger but if I connect it only a minute or two there is no problem, so I tried it and the SNR levels didn't decreased

The problem really was the piece of **** power supply that came with the camera.. damm chinese guys... lool

Thanks once again for the advice.

Regards.