sunnyny

PTZ Camera issue

Don't know if anyone has come across this issue.

When a PTZ camera is connected to a 8 channel powertelcomm dvr unit, the PTZ picture starts to go in and out. Please note this only happens to the second PTZ camera connected. The first PTZ camera is working perfect.

The system currently has 6 indoor dome cameras and 1 PTZ camera. The PTZ cameras are the same model with features

- 1/4" sony super HAD CCD, day & night

- 540 TVL

- 22x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom

- built in decoder

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Don't know if anyone has come across this issue.

When a PTZ camera is connected to a 8 channel powertelcomm dvr unit, the PTZ picture starts to go in and out. Please note this only happens to the second PTZ camera connected. The first PTZ camera is working perfect.

The system currently has 6 indoor dome cameras and 1 PTZ camera. The PTZ cameras are the same model with features

- 1/4" sony super HAD CCD, day & night

- 540 TVL

- 22x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom

- built in decoder

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

so you have added another ptz to the system and thats when you start getting the problem.??????? have you connected the new ptz camera power to the existing power supply. it sound like a power problem. add a new supply to your new ptz

so you have added another ptz to the system and thats when you start getting the problem.??????? have you connected the new ptz camera power to the existing power supply. it sound like a power problem. add a new supply to your new ptz

I agree. It sounds as if the power supply is a bit weak or the power cable is too small. Try measuring the voltage at the PTZ that's giving you trouble.

hi there i had the same issue with my ptz cctv camera i just used another transformer. When i connected the transformer to the camera it worked fine

shane ptz .

Everyone - Thank you

I still have the problem. Below is what I have done -

- changed the power supply

- new DVR mother board

- new hard drive

- swapped DVR channels

- disconnect the ptz controller

The PTZ camera picture will stay for about 20 ~ 40 minutes before it starts to distort, go in/out and the channel goes totally white.

How far is this troublesome PTZ from the power supply, what size wire are you using, and what voltage is the power and camera (12VDC or 24VAC)?

PTZs tend to draw a lot more power than fixed cameras, and if it's too far away or the wire is too small, the voltage drop caused by the higher current draw could cause the camera to "dip" in and out.

Using a siamese cable - 95% braid, 18/2 cable

The camera is about 100 ~ 120 feet

I changed the PTZ camera power supply. New 24v adapter.

The 2 PTZ cameras are separate power supplies. The first PTZ camera is working fine.