cocacola

Will Geovision work whit Atom?

no I doubt it, the atom is way to slow. Eg. 1.6 atom is around the same clocked speed as 900 Mhz celeron, approx 700mhz. More appropriate Question would be does it work with a Celeron such as a 2-3Ghz Celeron, but 8.3 Geo will typically not, even on a Pentium dual core 2.5Ghz, 8.3 is too slow, it is much different from the older 8.xx versions. Okay, it might eventually load, but the GUI will probably be next to useless.

I am somewhat led to believe Geovision must now develop their Server software on 16GHz Supercomputers with 32GB of Memory.

v8.3 works fine on my e8400 underclocked to 1.2ghz that running a gv800 with 8 cameras going. its only when i enable power saving app(asus epu6) that i get video dropout. my guess is it cuts pci power and does this even at default 3ghz cpu speed.

v8.3 works fine on my e8400 underclocked to 1.2ghz that running a gv800 with 8 cameras going. its only when i enable power saving app(asus epu6) that i get video dropout. my guess is it cuts pci power and does this even at default 3ghz cpu speed.

thats a high end CPU underclocked or not. The Atom is slooowwwww.

How long is your Geo startup time though? On a 2.5 Pentium Dual Core I setup, clocked at 2500 mhz it takes several minutes to start up. Versions 8,12 could take a minute but not as long as 8.3 ... its messed up as the XP system itself boots to the desktop in less then 15 seconds.

@1.2ghz about 4minute boot time vs about 2minutes ar 3ghz.

when running computer 24/7, boot time is not a factor.

i think lack of ram would do more to sloww down gv software, since it uses so much of it.

Yes you are right boot time is boot time and the GUI in operating state is diff, but overall Geo 8.3 is so much slower then 8.12, the GUI and everything about it is slower. I just dont understand why they had to destroy a good thing like that. I can (and have/do) run 8.12 on a celeron and it would still fly, 8.3 .. never LOL.