C.O.P.

Hairspray defeats cameras?

Last night, an older ex-P.I. friend of mine told me spraying hairspray on a license plate will help prevent cameras from getting a good read on them. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Lol, that's awesome.

I guess there's more hope for my license plate setup than I thought!

Unless...

They're using a James Bond switch-a-roo plate!

Well in that case, have it fire a James Bond-type magnetic tracking bug at the bottom of their car and just follow them home.

Put some IR leds arround your license plate. In the dark you will see a white spot on the picture. But in time technology will catch you anyway. Because the simply use higher lightning spectrums for illumination. In bright daylight you just have to keep it to the speedlimits.

Design a surface to surface missle that can be fired from a car and will seek out and destroy speed cameras!

Around here, you can just drive around with NO license plate on the back! I know people who have driven like that for MONTHS! Last I knew, the fine for not having a plate on the care was much less than a speeding ticket. Plus, unless the cop is a jerk, he'd probably let you go with a warning if it's your first time.

Finally, get a small aircaft license and just fly over the cameras!

Around here, you can just drive around with NO license plate on the back! I know people who have driven like that for MONTHS! Last I knew, the fine for not having a plate on the care was much less than a speeding ticket. Plus, unless the cop is a jerk, he'd probably let you go with a warning if it's your first time.

Around here, you're required to have both front and rear plates. Having NO plates is a BIG deal... but as long as you have your rear plate, it's actually three times the fine to have a damaged/bent/modified/covered/improperly-mounted front plate, than it is to simply have no front plate at all.

Finally, get a small aircaft license and just fly over the cameras!

"I wasn't driving fast, Officer... I was flying REALLY low!"

We're supposed to have front and rear plates also but unless you do something to draw attention to yourself the police will generally leave you alone. The older police don't care and the younger ones don't want to waste valuable "super hero out on the street" time doing paperwork when they could be stopping major crimes like... people talking on their cell phones while driving!

One of the funny things in Connecticut is we are now supposed to display our registration sticker on the lower left corner of the windshield. You can tell politicians came up with that one. Gee guys, people keep stealing the reg stickers off the plates so lets make people put them somewhere the police can't see them!