B.RETA

DANCING DOME CAMERA

Hi everyone,

I'm french, so excuse my spelling.

I must develop a system of multiple cameras with PTZ, and make them "dance" to the rhythm of music ...

it's for a demo.

I have connected the dome cameras to the serial port (RS-232) of my computer (via protocol conveter > to pelco p), and transmitting hexadecimal code to the cameras (software 232Analyzer).

BUT THIS DOES NOT WORK!

Does someone could help me or give me some names of software, etc. ...?

Thank you in advance.

Hmm, interesting project!

First thing you might want to do, is to confirm that you have control of the cameras. Try installing PTZ Controller from http://serialporttool.com, and use that to first make sure that the computer and cameras are communicating properly. Remember that the baud rates and communication parameters must match, and that each camera must have an individual ID set (usually set through DIP switches on the camera itself).

Assuming all that is taken care of, do you have the specs or SDK for the Pelco P protocol? I haven't delved into low-level PTZ control specifically, but from my experience with other serial interfaces, you can't just send random codes to the device and have it respond - the commands must be properly structured, including checksums.

Hi everyone,

I'm french, so excuse my spelling.

I must develop a system of multiple cameras with PTZ, and make them "dance" to the rhythm of music ...

it's for a demo.

I have connected the dome cameras to the serial port (RS-232) of my computer (via protocol conveter > to pelco p), and transmitting hexadecimal code to the cameras (software 232Analyzer).

BUT THIS DOES NOT WORK!

Does someone could help me or give me some names of software, etc. ...?

Thank you in advance.

are you looking to do something like this. this was taken at the uk ifsec show last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mudfg_RqhXs

i doubt you can make them synchronize to the music. cameras move to slow, they will never move fast enough to keep up with music.

you would either have to use very slow music, or dumb the output right down (but you won't get much movement) or change the actuators to hydraulic so it can move faster.

Hi all,

My main idea was,

to find a software to send the hex codes via RS232 port (rs232analyzer does! But not the demo version ...), and then syncronize this software with a sound sequencer (Cubase for example) via MTC (MIDI Time Code) or MIDI to enable both simultaneously.

And then try to create an effect of "dance" with the HEX codes.

I use speed dome cameras, and I think using a song style Rock (Rolling Stones or something like that ...) so I do not need them to operate at full speed.

For software, Soundy advised me one, that I would try tomorrow to see if I could do something more with him.

Otherwise, thank you for the video, for the moment I'm doing that, I configured all the cameras in Pelco/P---9600Bds---ID: 1, and after I save a pattern with the movements I wanted.

The only problem (one more ... ) is that after an hour or two of operation, the engines of PAN / TILT does not follow exactly and therefore some cameras are falling behind on other ...

Someone has an idea to solve this problem? maybe impedance problem?

thank you for your answers

Very difficult, impossible, because the camera movement is not as fast as the speed of music, and you also have to use sound sensors as an additional tool, if the project will not work with old age....

It can be done!

It is a pain in the butt!

You can put the music on to a computer. You will have a timeline where you highlight where you want to trigger a relay. A relay will trigger a PTZ preset.

How many presets would it take to dance up/down, and around?

Will the PTZ share the same address, or how many different addresses will you use?

Do you want to use digital, or vacuum tubes?

What do you think?