swight

Ipix CommandView Cams & DVRs

Has anyone had any experience yet with the new Ipix CommandView Cams?

http://www.ipix.com/cv_360.html

What I really want to know is can they be intergrated with any DVR, usuing some translation of a standard PTZ protocol? Or, at least a semi-complete list of what DVRs it is compatible with.

I'm hoping for GeoVision, but they're development cycle seems to have slowed a bit. If anyone knows a hack to get it to work in a GeoVision system, that would be excellent.

Thanks for any/all help!

Steve

Remote Sentry Systems

www.remotesentrysystems.com

On the subject of Ipix, has anyone used them for Licence Capture, do they have a camera capable of this? Also, do they have a low light camera, Im needing a day night (color to BW or just Exview Color) and looking to save on more than 1 camera, if I can.

IPIX cameras are excellent, expensive, but worth it... I know at least 8 manufacturers that are working with them to establish the necessary protocol to communicate with their cameras. I know that IPIX cameras are installed in White House covering several guest rooms...

It is extremely popular with government projects...

Levon

Has anyone seen a place where there is an on-line demo of an Ipix camera? I've seen plenty of still shots, but I'd like to see one with moving video.

Steve

Has anyone seen a place where there is an on-line demo of an Ipix camera? I've seen plenty of still shots, but I'd like to see one with moving video.

Steve

Bandwidth wise, is this even possible?

I assume it is since they are integrating with DVRs/NVRs. Or at least an online demo of how it works with them.

I remember seeing motion ipix before, but damned if I can find a sample of it now.

If anyone has used it. When used with a DVR/NVR is it a virtual PTZ camera? Only showing a normal view? Streaming in only the part of the picture you are focusing on?

Steve