C.O.P.

Exview, HAD, and WDR

Ok, I have another question about low-light cameras. My search for a decent (less than $750) low-light license plate camera continues!

I have been reading a bit about Exview CCD and Super HAD CCD. So far I get the idea they are supposed to both help gather light. The thing I am curious about is do they replace, augment, or have nothing to do with WDR?

I ask because I have looked at a camera with "verticle double density interline CCD" that has WDR and a few with Exview and Super HAD that do not have WDR.

At the moment, I assume the WDR is more important for handling the contrasts than the Exview or Super HAD and therefore the one with WDR would be better for my application.

I haven't found one yet that has both WDR and Exview or WDR and Super HAD. I'm sure they must be out there. I'm a lookin'!

Oh my .. well daytime is easy .. but for night .. Ok, you need a Panasonic WDR True Day Night camera and Separate Infrared ... Unless you are doing a highway .. that should work. Get the appropriate lens for your application. Oh yeah it will no doubt cost alot more then $750 though using that camera ... you will need to try find a cheaper OEM WDR camera, maybe look at CNB or another manufacturer like that. IR will cost a little also but you dont need that much. Get the camera close to the plate, within 10'. It will take alot of time and alot of testing to get it done right and each location will differ.

Please search the forum for LPR, that should also help.

here is one thread on LPR, there are many:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11540&hilit=LPR

I checked that thread (others will follow). Has the technology changed much? That particular thread is almost 2 years old. I'd hope you guys have seen some good leaps in tech since then.

I'm tired. I didn't even understand what you meant by "LPR" until I hit the thread so I'm fried.

That said, I shall retire with images of me in a mustang SVT chase car keeping the camera within 10 feet of the perps plate!

nope hasnt changed much if any at all.

if anything there are more IP cameras out there but they still have the same issues with nighttime as other cameras do.

IPCAMERAMAN,

Perhaps you send send me a PM with the link. I have to warn you though... I think I have settled on my camera so I will be very upset if your info forces me to go back and rethink it!