DVR MAN

Slow DVR time

I posted back in September asking how to adjust time in my DVR. I could not post a picture then. I now can post, so here it is. Is this a time adj. pot?

1611653452_tn_timeadj.JPG.66071da40609494cfff110d3b09135fb.JPG

I posted back in September asking how to adjust time in my DVR. I could not post a picture then. I now can post, so here it is. Is this a time adj. pot?

Pix kinda small but

looks like timing cap for clock frequency

Pix kinda small but

looks like timing cap for clock frequency

Here is a cropped pic. Maybe clearer.

150021543_timeadjcrop.JPG.03b49533efe627ce843692dd4cdb5bfc.JPG

I've never heard of a time adjust "pot" before. I've had to replace a couple clock "chips", but never heard of anyone adjusting a potentiometer to speed up/ slow down an electronic clock.

Over the past 7 years as an "Electronics Technician", I've had my hands on some pretty diverse equipment too...

FWIW, U2 is a DRAM chip. T3 might also be an inductor.

I would advise against tweaking anything unless you know what it is and its purpose.

If it is related to a frequency reference, then its proximity to the PSU regulator heatsink suggests thermal drift. You might try aiming a fan at the PCB and see if that makes a difference to its time keeping.

You really need to look at the other side of that board to ascertain what to tweak, if anything.

that location looks like a mounting screw location. note the T1 on the other mounting screw.

a little hard to see what in it, if they mounted a pot on the other side.

FWIW, U2 is a DRAM chip. T3 might also be an inductor.

I would advise against tweaking anything unless you know what it is and its purpose.

If it is related to a frequency reference, then its proximity to the PSU regulator heatsink suggests thermal drift. You might try aiming a fan at the PCB and see if that makes a difference to its time keeping.

You really need to look at the other side of that board to ascertain what to tweak, if anything.

The internal temp is 106 deg per the stat screen. I am wondering if the # of cams effect the timing. I.E. running 8 instead of 16 cams.