So - I'm just (re)starting my research for a 4 or 8 port PCI card based system and am wondering what if any vendors support 64 bit Windows OS's?

I am open at this point to 30, 60, 90fps - the important thing is good driver and application support for Windows 7 64.

Thoughts?

I haven't heard many server software compatible with a 64 bit OS of any kind. Much less one for Windows 7.

Exacq it compatible with Windows 7, but it doesn't mention if 64 bit is supported.

Usually though, we find/ build PC's to fit the server, not the other way around. I think that is going to limit your options...

PC's are so cheap these days, why not just have a dedicated PC?

I picked up a sweet Lenovo with Intel dual core, 4GB ram, and 320 HD for $299 at Fry's.

I think he is probably inquiring because so many new home PCs seem to be coming with Windows 7 64 bit now? I still prefer XP myself though.

Just about every new machine I see listed only has the 64-bit version if it also has 4GB or more of RAM; less than that, they include 32-bit. For most people, there's currently no real benefit to running 64-bit Windows except to make use of more than 3.5GB or so of RAM.

Netvision just released software that supports 64 bit OS.

That will be the version 5.35

At the same time they released Mobile DVR for Iphone etc

If you google I am sure you find their website.

JD

[quote="JOINDVR"]Netvision just released software that supports 64 bit OS. That will be the version 5.35 At the same time they released Mobile DVR for Iphone etc If you google I am sure you find their website. JD[/quote] The website of Netvsion: http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ I am from Netvision. But now user can't download software from our website directly. You should tell us where your location and then we will check whether there is a dealer there. You can contact our sales in "Contact US" page.

The website of Netvsion: http://www.netvisiondvr.com/

I am from Netvision. But now user can't download software from our website directly. You should tell us where your location and then we will check whether there is a dealer there. You can contact our sales in "Contact US" page.

You mean an end user can't access critical updates or patches from the manufacturer directly? They have to go through their local dealer? What if the dealer went out of business? What if the dealer wants to charge them for the free update?

What support does Netvision offer to the end user, AKA paying customer?

I am from Netvision. But now user can't download software from our website directly. You should tell us where your location and then we will check whether there is a dealer there. You can contact our sales in "Contact US" page.

You mean an end user can't access critical updates or patches from the manufacturer directly? They have to go through their local dealer? What if the dealer went out of business? What if the dealer wants to charge them for the free update?

No. What i mean is when there is a dealer at your location, you can get product and software more conveniently. We have to pretect both the benifit of our dealers and end users. Any end user has a tech problem, he can contact us directly. Any user can download software from our website with the correct ID and password offered by our sales.

No. What i mean is when there is a dealer at your location, you can get product and software more conveniently. We have to pretect both the benifit of our dealers and end users. Any end user has a tech problem, he can contact us directly. Any user can download software from our website with the correct ID and password offered by our sales.

Thank you William

Looks like u finally getting idea how to do business in North America

by the way I am going to call you next few days

we still need to talk about Acti and V. 5.34

wheeew... for a second there I thought you were saying Netvision wouldn't stand behind and support their products. got me all flustered!

that problem is actually pretty common these days in offshore manufacturers. glad your doing the right thing for your customers.

still though, my opinion is that logins shouldn't be necessary to download patches/ revision upgrades. end users shouldn't have to call ANYONE especially to a foreign country just to get a username/ password for the simplest of product support. from the end user's standpoint, very frustrating.

wheeew... for a second there I thought you were saying Netvision wouldn't stand behind and support their products. got me all flustered!

that problem is actually pretty common these days in offshore manufacturers. glad your doing the right thing for your customers.

still though, my opinion is that logins shouldn't be necessary to download patches/ revision upgrades. end users shouldn't have to call ANYONE especially to a foreign country just to get a username/ password for the simplest of product support. from the end user's standpoint, very frustrating.

Are u end user ?

I am dealer for them for about 6 years

and I do call all over the world

cost me next to nothing

if u want I can call you

and tell u everything u want to know about Netvision

actually I was thinking to sent you PM

Nope.

Just curious cuz the less service calls I get the better.

Before I do business with a company as a dealer, I like how they treat end users.

But I am casually interested in their products to resell... Always looking to broaden my product lineup and open up other doors to budgets/ requirements/ requests, etc....

Edited by Guest

Nope.

The less service calls I get the better.

Did I ask for "service" ?

I can hold my own

Lol not what I meant. I meant I was probing to find out this company's end user support b/c my time is valuable. While I won't hesitate to help a customer, most of my customers respect my time and will try to figure out the answer themselves before calling me.

Nope.

The less service calls I get the better.

Did I ask for "service" ?

I can hold my own

Lol not what I meant. I meant I was probing to find out this company's end user support b/c my time is valuable. While I won't hesitate to help a customer, most of my customers respect my time and will try to figure out the answer themselves before calling me.

Ok, sorry

I hope your customers are smarter then my

just send you PM

It's not the dumb I have a problem with. It's the lazy.

I understand the common public doesn't know techie nerd stuff like me, but that's ok because that's how and why I'm in business. However with Google around, its nice to be able to weed out the frequent "duh!" calls.

It's not the dumb I have a problem with. It's the lazy.

I understand the common public doesn't know techie nerd stuff like me, but that's ok because that's how and why I'm in business. However with Google around, its nice to be able to weed out the frequent "duh!" calls.

What is ratio between "dumb" and "lazy" ?

Actually to be very frank support from China based manufacturers' is really good .. from my short encounter with them over the past few months .. even better than the Taiwanese (most of them) and some Koreans ..

The only problem is language .. but can see that they are doing their best .. fortunately I speak and write Chinese

Oh ya .. Chinese New Year is around the corner and better get all the stuff u want NOW .. Cos I understand some are going for a Super Duper Long Holidays!!