Sign in to follow this  
mikejay

sentinet dvr

Hi can any one shed some light on this brand of dvr sentinet i have just got it from maplin but the documentation and support is rubbish it is this unit http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=285933 i spent all weekend setting it up and installing it i can connect to it on my network i have set up dyndns and can connect to it remotely but only get the log in screen when i put my password in it says its incorrect? but i can log into the same screen on my lan with the password? i have reset all passwords from the default but no mater what i do it is allways wrong when i try to connect from the web.

Tnks Mike

Hi can any one shed some light on this brand of dvr sentinet i have just got it from maplin but the documentation and support is rubbish it is this unit http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=285933 i spent all weekend setting it up and installing it i can connect to it on my network i have set up dyndns and can connect to it remotely but only get the log in screen when i put my password in it says its incorrect? but i can log into the same screen on my lan with the password? i have reset all passwords from the default but no mater what i do it is allways wrong when i try to connect from the web.

Tnks Mike

who is your isp in the uk. and what port have you set ???

Hi Tom my isp is orange and it is a dynamic ip so i have set up an account with dyndns and configured my orange live box to update the dyndns record which seems to work and have configured port fowarding in the live box on port 80 tcp which is how dyndns recomended the port the dvr uses on the login is set as default 8841 which has now got me thinking do i also need port forwading on this port as this might be the autentication port as 80 is just the html port and i can see the web page?>