Could someone help please ... I have Diginet Site setup and all is well ... ONLY thing I cannot figure out it why does it only record a 24 hour period and then start over itself again ... In other words, I goto SEARCH the site system to review video from 2 days ago and it doesn't allow me to click on that date ... It only goes back 24 hours it seems and then begins overwriting the previous day ...

So, in short, it doesn't seem to be SAVING anything other than the current day in progress ... 1 day, thats it, looping over itself !!??!!

everything else works fine, I have tried re-allocating the partition again & again , it creates all necessary box files and everything looks fine ... WHAT AM I MISSING ???

the site version is 4.11 - I have the upgrade but it doesn't seem to operate as stable as this version on my system ... I am 99% sure this is not the problem ...

Must have something to do with the backup settings ???

I have not configured ANY backup settings , really did not think I had to , was kind of hoping the system would know to continue writing itself until it filled up the 70gig hard drive it is using allowing me to search back through days at will and then it would overwrite itself as necessary...

Guess I am used to the EASY Witness DVR software I set up previously ...

Thanks for ANY help in advance!

weird

i've installed quite a few systems and never had such a problem

the only option i could assume is might be related to you problem is under

System Setup>Video Loss Alarm>[Working Time]

check whether H M & S is set on 0

Thanks ... but how would that affect normal everyday recording or backing up of video ???

I am not loosing video and have no video loss ... Could this really be affecting it you think ... I will try since I have tried everything else ... thanks ...

on all my systems it's set on zeros

they are working fine so i assume that's the way it should be (never bothered to read a manual)

the only options that somehow might be related to your problem is either this or System Off Time

so just try and check

if nothing helps try to uninstall Site software and apache, delete the C:\Diginet folder and reinstall again

Nah, no luck -- double checked video loss and system off times ... not using either and all set to 0 --- Guess I will just uninstall , heck --- I may even just re-install xp all over again ... I actually think I tried to upgrade to the newer 4.13 version from 4.11 and this somehow caused this problem when I unistalled newer and went with the 4.11 --- Newer 4.13 would not work with my Geforce 2 - 64mb card ... I may try it again before revamping though ... newer sure does have some nicer tweaks to it ... ALSO, I noticed I could set how long the system record time "DATA KEPT" will be ... Geez, that would solve this WHOLE problem ...

Newer 4.13 version would load up --- it wouldn't display cameras at all though ... I am sure it was something to do with Nvidia Geforce2 drivers ... I hope that was it --- I might get an ATI card to make sure though ... Thanks!

Depending on your recording settings and if you are only using a 70 GB hard drive then most likely you are filling up the hard drive with 1 day's worth of video. Are you using motion detection only recording? Also what frame rates are your cameras set at? My guess is that nothing is wrong with the system itself except for your recording settings.

i though that these options have nothing to do

imho it's never a good idea to upgrade a software - always better to install new copy

as for geforce - try to use different driver versions

AVConsulting -- I'll bet you are right! I have continous 30fps recording around the clock .. BUT with ONLY 3 cameras --- 640 x 480 settings ... but --- ??? shoudn't 70 gigs be enough to stretch out at least a couple of days for only 3 cameras recording continously ???

Com4 - I just thought I would let you know, I tried upgrading from 4.11 to 4.13 again, The Intellisite Updater function NEVER completes the update ... even though I know I have the correct files pointed out --- always get the Invalid site error ... So I just go ahead and install over the earlier version ...

But I think you are correct as well , It just doesn't seem to like it at all, --- I haven't tried any other Nvidia drivers yet ... But, it looks like when I upgrade to 4.13 --- it won't let me do Remote Desktop from work at ALL due to 4.13 changing the MSGINA.dll file to KGINA.dll --- says it cannot initiate remote desktop due to KGINA.dll being incompatible with Remote Desktop ... so go figure ...

I am gonna try a few other things when I get to the house ...

Although the GINA.dll file error could be more linked to the GEFORCE2 / ATI hardware problem ... I would lean towards that more than anything ... unless if the newer version being installed over the old one is corrupting something --- I cannot remember if I have EVER - "FRESH" installed 4.13 .... ???

Wait ...!!! Scratch what I said earlier ... Why does my system show 96% space remaining ?!?!? hmmmm .... I would think that bar in the bottom right would show it filling up -- wouldn't it ??? ... so maybe I am back to square 1 and it is just screwed up ???

Is that 30 fps per camera or 10 fps per camera for a total of 30 fps? Here is a link to a storage calculator which might help narrow down the problem.

I don't know much about upgrading to 4.13 but most of the time the problems have been with the video cards and drivers. You might also try emailing Jason at Say Industries (there is a banner ad now on this site). He is pretty knowledgeable about the Kodicom software.

http://www.adscc.tv/calculator.html

ATI card only.

Bar at bottom right will go to "0%" as the drive fills up

Remote Desktop is not possible with 4.1.3

Ok, thanks again heloder ... I now go on the hunt for an ATI card and scrap trying to fix remote desktop ... you just saved me alot of trial & error attempts ... Thanks everyone!

ATI is not nessesary at all with 4.11 (i have no systems with other versions)

i've got system with g-force 2 mx 400 32 mb - no probs at all

with all system i've installed in a last couple of month i've used abit SG-72 mb with sis661 chipset. Site software is not working at all under WinXP, but with Win2k i've encountered no problems at all

imho remote desktop is pretty useless, for security, stability and conviniece reasons

i use either Remote Admin or VNC

vnc is better - it transmits overlay video, so you could tweak any settings and see results in real time

70 gigs for 3 cams @ 30 fps each should be sufficient for at least a 4-6 days

Your right, I had no problems using my Geforce2 on 4.11 ... only had this problem pop-up when I upgraded to 4.13 --- BUT - remote video works perfectly - just no video displayed at the site.

I have my server placed on the top-shelf in a closet, very hard to get to, but out-of-sight and nicely tucked away ... So remote desktop is necessary to keep the Sygate firewall tweaked and a few other knick knack changes that cannot be made remotely ...

What is VNC ??? not familiar with that, is it another type of remote desktop emulator or something ???

VNC is a program that basicly feeds what the user is seeing to another desktop. It also allows for control. It's slower then remote desktop, but doesn't have funky driver issues.

ATI is not nessesary at all with 4.11 (i have no systems with other versions)

i've got system with g-force 2 mx 400 32 mb - no probs at all

with all system i've installed in a last couple of month i've used abit SG-72 mb with sis661 chipset. Site software is not working at all under WinXP, but with Win2k i've encountered no problems at all

imho remote desktop is pretty useless, for security, stability and conviniece reasons

i use either Remote Admin or VNC

vnc is better - it transmits overlay video, so you could tweak any settings and see results in real time

70 gigs for 3 cams @ 30 fps each should be sufficient for at least a 4-6 days

ATI is 100% nessesary. SIS is NOT supported. I'm telling you what gets tested at the factory. You might get lucky on one version, but you'll get burned in the next.

i know not and care not about factory testings

prefer to find best software/hardware/drivers combinations by myself and stick with it

all i know i is that i have not installed even one system with ati card, and only couple with intel chipset

to be frank i do not trust what software/hardware makers write in manuals