Angus

Bosch Camera Question

Hello, i have a question about this camera Bosch FlexiDome Day/Night IP Camera Specifically NWD-495V03-20P.

From the ratings for IP/NEMA, its rated at Water/dust protection IP 54, NEMA-3R.

So my question is this would their be any problem placing it under eaves outside? I guess i just dont quite understand the "splash" rating, as it is rated as an outdoor camera, it i would not be hosing it off or anything so at most it could get abit of rain/snow on it.

Thanks!

IP 54 means

Ingress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment; complete protection against contact

Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect.

I'd guess that means it has very small vents somewhere. How hard does it rain where you are? I'd risk it.

Hello, i have a question about this camera Bosch FlexiDome Day/Night IP Camera Specifically NWD-495V03-20P.

So my question is this would their be any problem placing it under eaves outside? I guess i just dont quite understand the "splash" rating, as it is rated as an outdoor camera, it i would not be hosing it off or anything so at most it could get abit of rain/snow on it.

This camera is so well sealed it shouldn't have any problems being submerged under water. You wouldn't have any problems mounting this directly to the side of a building. Under an eave, no worries.

Excellent thank you!

I just didnt want to come outside after a sprinkle and find the dome filled with water.. that would suck.