scorpion

Looking for video, audio switcher or PC based multi ch

Hello everyone!

I am looking for an inexpensive video and audio switcher. I need something that can give me two outputs for video.

One: Camera/audio selected.

Two: a quad, or page quad screen.

The project is for interrogation to allow for quick copy to VCR on a low budget.

Two holding rooms, and two interrogation rooms, and a small booking area. The video, and audio is recorded to a DVR located elsewhere. They just want to pull quick audio/video for the detectives from within the intterogation area.

I know there are multiplexors out there that can do the job, and I just wanted to see what you guys could pull out of your hat!

http://www.inday.com/av4x/av4x.htm (Portland Oregan)

OR A PC BASED MULTI CH AUDIO, AND VID DVR.

Thanks for your ideas!

Edited by Guest

I'm confused... how many total cameras/ mics does the device need to switch? Is there already something there that is generating a quad screen?

4 camera (Quad) screen with audio from all 4 cameras VS. 1 camera/ audio independent and not apart of the 4?

OR

4 camera (quad) screen with audio from all 4 cameras VS. 1 of the 4 cameras with audio

They have 5 video, and 5 audio sources.

They have one box for audio switching, and a 5th mic is connected to a louroue base station.

They have two boxes for video switching. One is an A / B switch, and the other is 6 channel video sequencer that also allows them to lock in on a specific video channel depending on the position of each channel's 3 position toggle switch.

It is one of those kind of situations where the system has been built on top of, and added on to as time progressed.

I only saw the equipment for 60 seconds before there was a lockdown. I will be going back soon to complete the site survey.

Just to add in another quote to go with this 6 channel selector what would be an option for multi channel video, and audio recording card installed in to an Intel based M/Board on a budget?

Thanks!