robert

Video/power balun max run

Samsung SIR-4160, 12vdc, 7.8w, 650mA with IR leds On. If I use passive balun and 3 pairs of Cat5 for power - what would be max run for power? Will this actually work or those 3 pairs will melt

Samsung SIR-4160, 12vdc, 7.8w, 650mA with IR leds On. If I use passive balun and 3 pairs of Cat5 for power - what would be max run for power? Will this actually work or those 3 pairs will melt

Maximum run will vary a little bit depending on the ACTUAL output voltage of the power supply - a non-regulated supply will realistically be producing something in the 16.5VDC range, which at 300ft/100m will give you a little over 1V of loss.

Even at 100'/30m you should only see about .3V drop, so you're probably okay, depending on how sensitive the cameras are to under-voltage. Three pairs of Cat5 is about the equivalent of 18ga.

Even at 100'/30m you should only see about .3V drop, so you're probably okay, depending on how sensitive the cameras are to under-voltage. Three pairs of Cat5 is about the equivalent of 18ga.

30m - thats very short how to get some 100m ?

Samsung SIR-4160, 12vdc, 7.8w, 650mA with IR leds On.

What are your impressions of the SIR-4160?

Best,

Christopher

Not tried yet, but I have heard that built in IR leds have problems called "ghosting" and "spider". God knows what does it mean.

Not tried yet, but I have heard that built in IR leds have problems called "ghosting" and "spider". God knows what does it mean.

Did you complete the install of the 4160?

Best,

Christopher

Did you complete the install of the 4160?

Best,

Christopher

I didnt install them at the end.