zee3b

DVR's not detecting Hard Drives

Hey guys, I've been lazy lately and I opened a thread about my DVR's acting up last year.

I have two DVR's both have working hard drives and when I turn on both of them I get the same error, NO HDD detected. It's been like that after cops took my DVR to check a video footage ( one of them not both) the other one has been lying for a while in mybasement. I've checked the master and slave settings both were fine. Both are non branded/ i think. It says DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER (made in korea)

Can anyone help me? I really need to fix these and start recording. The images from the camera still pop-up but I can't record them. Do i need to change the firmware? or something? I'm a total noob when it comes to DVR's.

Much appreciated.

Hey guys, I've been lazy lately and I opened a thread about my DVR's acting up last year.

I have two DVR's both have working hard drives and when I turn on both of them I get the same error, NO HDD detected. It's been like that after cops took my DVR to check a video footage ( one of them not both) the other one has been lying for a while in mybasement. I've checked the master and slave settings both were fine. Both are non branded/ i think. It says DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER (made in korea)

Can anyone help me? I really need to fix these and start recording. The images from the camera still pop-up but I can't record them. Do i need to change the firmware? or something? I'm a total noob when it comes to DVR's.

Much appreciated.

you will need to reformat the drives. re install your hard/drives and see if you can format them. if not format from pc.

you will need to reformat the drives. re install your hard/drives and see if you can format them. if not format from pc.

I have a IDE to USB converter so I'll deffi hook them up to my pc tonight and format them. So all I do is format them and put them back in right?

I also don't remember the password of my old DVR the one which was in my basement for a good while. I can't access the main menu, any suggestions?

I have a IDE to USB converter so I'll deffi hook them up to my pc tonight and format them. So all I do is format them and put them back in right?

I also don't remember the password of my old DVR the one which was in my basement for a good while. I can't access the main menu, any suggestions?

what make is your dvr.

what make is your dvr.

I'm pretty sure it has no brand, it says DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER (made in korea) underneath it.

I would test the DVR with a clean hard drive out of the package first. This is assuming this is a dedicated DVR, and not a PC based DVR. Most dedicated DVRs take a clean non formated HD to record. Some have their own format, and are formated throught the DVR menu.

You can see images, But you cannot record? It may be that they used software to copy your hard drive such as ghost, or Acronis. This may create a problem for your DVR. They may have looked at the hard drive with Linux, and this might be the issue.

You may, or may not have to reset the hard drives back to a clean out of the package state.

There are too many variables without know what the PC board inside of your DVR provides for a manufacture, or a model number, or posting a pic.

Hi all, I have a similar problem.

I have DVR i bought recently (second hand) and the hard drive has failed.

If i buy a new drive should I format it via the pc and with what format for the to dvr recognise, FAT32 , NTFS or another?

Or would it be better to try to format it via the dvr itself?

The DVR is a Triplex 4 ch (Cop) with space for two IDE HDD's.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regard

Steve

Hi guys!

I brought brand new DVR KCN H. 264 ( Model KCN-7708HD ) . But its doesn't detecting any SATA Hard disk. Even I confirmed getting power to SATA hard disk. I format the hard disk through windows 7 and reinstall it. But it still not detecting. It all red LED bulb turn on while it's on. And it's display automatically shutting down after 20 min time ( Even power is still on). And can take display around 4 hours time. All the other functions seems to be working properly except for Hard disk not detecting and display is shutting down within 20 min time.

Please be kind enough to help my issue.

Thanx.