alexPoland

please help in choice cameras & tools

First of all I would like to say hallo to all users cctv forum. Its my 1st post here my english is not very well but i'll try...

I have to do cctv. I can do electrical and construction things but i have no idea in choice cameras, recorder and others... And here i would like to ask You, dear users, can You help me choose optimal equipment?

Im thinking to buy 4 pin recorder, 4 outside cam and others to do that.

Professional firm say to me 3000$, i think i could do it cheeper?

Below you have exemple photo place where I want to instal cctv.

One cam in each cormer of building, one above gate and one that i dont have idea wher instal it

120303_1.jpg

Thanks for all your helps...

First of all I would like to say hallo to all users cctv forum. Its my 1st post here my english is not very well but i'll try...

I have to do cctv. I can do electrical and construction things but i have no idea in choice cameras, recorder and others... And here i would like to ask You, dear users, can You help me choose optimal equipment?

Im thinking to buy 4 pin recorder, 4 outside cam and others to do that.

Professional firm say to me 3000$, i think i could do it cheeper?

Below you have exemple photo place where I want to instal cctv.

One cam in each cormer of building, one above gate and one that i dont have idea wher instal it

120303_1.jpg

Thanks for all your helps...

at the minimum you need an 8 camera system. and the price you have been given from a pro company is not that far off from you buying the equipment yourself. but if you want to install cheaper yourself then dont use cheap ebay crap. you would be better buying bits at a time i.e a good dvr and add cameras when you can. take a look at the adverts at the top of this page which will give you a good starting point.

Thanks for Quick answer and advice.

Do you think there have to be 8 cam's? Can you describe it as simply as you can ex. in Paint where you think cam's must be instaled?

What kind of cam's do you recomend? What angle of watch? In what details do I have pay attention when I'll be buying cam equipment?

I have aboute 3000$ for all.

Hello,

CCTV can get as complicated as you want or you can keep it as simple as you can to get what you need other than few major questions that will help you choose the type of system you need.

1. Why you feel a need to have a CCTV System?

2. How many spots you need to cover based on the question above

3. Do you need any close up picture or just need in general?

4. Each camera that you want are those indoor or outdoor

After you are done answering and assessment of above question move forward with how many channel DVR “recorder” you need to accomplish based on number of cameras.

Then you will need cables, connectors, power supply and other accessories

Good Luck

Hi Alex... it would be helpful if you updated your drawing to show what areas are of particular concern, how big those areas are, etc. Maybe a little better description of what the various boxes are as well - is the main large box the building, or is the small center box the building and the large box a fenced yard around it? Is that a driveway at the top-right, and do you need to watch that? How about some dimensions?

$3000 doesn't sound unreasonable... DEPENDING on the exact recorder and cameras, and how complex the installation is (whether conduit is needed, plenum-rated cabling, trenching, etc.) Labor can be a large part of the installation cost. There are recorders ranging from $300 to well over $3000 on their own, too.