ei0675

IR Cameras and FOG

i installed a few IR cameras 480 and 520 lines, but at night the IR cameras seem to show a blizzard effect in foggy conditiond and makes viewing almost impossible!!

is there any one who can shead some light on this problem?

If You can post the picture to see the problem. I preffer to use LowLux Camera like this one because with cheap IR camera I always got foggy image. Here I will show a few picture with LowLux Camera 520 Lines.

This camera look very nice and The price is not to high.

night.jpg.e66758536f83c0c12772c0508ff61c81.jpg

Day.jpg.53749e39b9d03b365b1a30030ac7807a.jpg

Night2.jpg.e222c8be84c499054b7a99491fdcb4a0.jpg

i installed a few IR cameras 480 and 520 lines, but at night the IR cameras seem to show a blizzard effect in foggy conditiond and makes viewing almost impossible!!

is there any one who can shead some light on this problem?

Water dropplets are highly reflective, to visible and IR light. I do not think there is a solution.

Separating the camera and IR illuminator by a few feet would probably help somewhat (think about driving in fog, your headlights bounce back at you, but objects lit by street lighting away from you produces less glare)

Cameras with built-in IR tend to be more problematic for a number of other reasons, as well.

My advice screw open face,emove IR board put face back on, fit a seperate illuminator ... job done

I havent fitted a IR on board camera in 4 years and never will, nothing but issues with fogging and spiders webbing all over them, why do companies make these?

I've tried everything from a £50 camera unbranded to £400 quid Samsung and all same issues

Hi,

1. It is IR camera, so it is not feasible to remove it's IRs and install to some feet away from the camera itself.

2. Protective glass also might have scratches that make foggy image appears.

3. Instead, use low lux camera without IR for this particular area and relocate you existing IR camera where it will perform better.

http://isaganigrimaldo.tripod.com/security

isagani grimaldo

Edited by Guest

Thanks for all the advice.

1. Yes i now agree i will not go back to all-in-one IR's anymore. i was pretty sure it was the IR light reflecting off the fog and was pretty sure it was unsolvable with out changing the cameras.

2. if i use a seperate illuminator (for example a IR flood light with 60m range) would i still not have the same effect of the light reflecting off the fog back to the lens??

I hate spider web issues!!!

I have installed SO CALLED day night cameras/domes inside but when lights are off picture is black, thought these were supposed to be able to see in the dark?? thats the best LUX value? currently using between 0.5 and 0.1 am now thinking of only using 0.001lux cameras depending on the advice i recieve.

one last thing, lenses, which is better a 2.8mm or 6mm (yes im still learning!! ha ha)

IR lighting can be a pain as well if not setup correct

I tend to setup the D/N camera on site and return at night with IR iluminator to test locations fr IR illuminator to be sited, most are sideways to camera view casting across the image this i find tends not to leave peoples faces like a ball of glare, to be honest i prefer Halogen light to get the camera back to Colour if possible but alas the big IR companies are more concerned about saving the inviroment and selling £1000 piddly IR lluminators.

2.8mm lens is wide angle general observation lens

6mm is closer to object of view so more detail and better qulaity image

My advie on Lens use Vari-focal all the time for all the extra cost, 3-9mm is minimum i will use that way you can set the camera better.

Longford is mad place to find things,was down there doing some work few weeks back

Longford is mad place to find things,was down there doing some work few weeks back

Yea i agree it is hard to find things, finding a good supplier at reasonable rates is almost impossible!!!!

Hence we are now setting up a wholesalers in the midlands to serve the country, we are in talks with reputable suppliers/manufactures in Taiwan and Korea.

and have as now a good deal with suppliers in the UK to beat prices of the rip off merchants!!!

Online store almost complete!!