bso8870

Day night cameras

I am new to all this and I am running a pc based sysyem with the iview 4 camera board. I currently have three B/W I/R cameras which I bought off of ebay. These cameras work reasonably well but I am looking for color cameras that will work at night.

I am looking for some cameras in the $ 1oo range. I would like to be able to change lenses because I want a wide view for my driveway so I can see the whole width. What do you guys think of the intellicam cameas? I would also like a ptz camera for the inside of my home?

Aany suggestions please help?

Thanks,

Mike

This is a wide angle 1/3" Exview Color camera, 0.03 lux, sees well in low light,. not Pitch Dark though. Great color day image as it has a fixed IR cut Filter. You could change the lens, though 3.6mm 1/3" is very wide. This camera is 470TVL also, hence it is more than $100 but a great cam non the less, especially for its size - its tiny even for a bullet. Comes in a Wall/Ceiling Mounted Vandal Dome also. Provideo has some great tech support also.

For $100 I doubt you will find a 1/3" Color Bullet camera though. Most are 1/4" and so yes you would have to change the lens in them to get a wide shot.

http://www.csi-speco.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=568

Its not going to have an IR Cut Filter so the Day Color Images will look washed out. Low resolution also.

Rory..

Can you recommend a good online dealer and approximate price of these cameras.

Can you also recommend a indoor PTZ camera for a reasonable price. One that can be used with the iview card.

Thanks,

Mike

The only thing "Sony" about the Gen IV is a company advertising them as a "Sony". You will find no where (engrish?) any cam made by Sony that looks like that (bullet-IR). You can get them "Sony's" for about 85 US Dollars.

The only thing "Sony" about the Gen IV is a company advertising them as a "Sony". You will find no where (engrish?) any cam made by Sony that looks like that (bullet-IR). You can get them "Sony's" for about 85 US Dollars.

Can you also recommend a indoor PTZ camera for a reasonable price. One that can be used with the iview card.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi

Nothing reasonable about a PTZ when it comes to price. Id ofcourse recommend one of the best on their lists of supported, being the Kalatel Protocol (GE CyberDome) though its expensive. They also support the Pelco protocol which means alot of other Domes will work as well.

Iview has its own PTZ. Check the web site, www.i-viewusa.com, and if you like it contact your dealer.

Which cameras did you mean when you say a good source for? The Link i posted? If so, send me a PM.

Rory

What do you think of something like this.

http://www.intellicamusa.com/g4exs.htm

I just installed a WPX-2330:

http://www.intellicamusa.com/daynightarmor.htm

The purpose of the camera is to cover a single car from a distance ranging from about 10 to 20 feet, so the location is a fairly unchallenging. I tested the IR function in a dark room and it appears to be good. Won’t know for sure until tonight how well it works for the site, though. The daytime color is a bit “washed-outâ€

The camera has very good night vision. But there are three IR illuminators (UF100, UF500, and built-in) converging on the car, so it’s hard to get a gauge on the effectiveness of the built-in illuminators.

So bright, I gotta wear shades...

I gave up on IRs in Domes way back when, they just dont do anything to warrant the use of them.

This is one of those "fat" bullets. The IR appears to work pretty good, though I'd have to turn off the extremes to confirm how well. What's nice about this particular unit is that it comes with a replacement LED array to use when the original one burns out. So far, I'm happy with this camera. The ebay price is a good deal.

I have to retract what I said about the WPX-2330. Maybe someone here can explain why, but the night view of our black car is horrible. The first couple of nights we covered the car with a silver car cover, but tonight we left it off and the image is very noisy and lots of blushing where the IR lighting reflects off the paint. I have a cheap Lorex B&W that looks much better at night.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey mike, send me an E-mail, I have the I-VIEW PTZ that will work with the card I sent you.

One thing to keep in mind is that you will need to get the netcom module to be able to control the PTZ.

I have to retract what I said about the WPX-2330. Maybe someone here can explain why, but the night view of our black car is horrible. The first couple of nights we covered the car with a silver car cover, but tonight we left it off and the image is very noisy and lots of blushing where the IR lighting reflects off the paint. I have a cheap Lorex B&W that looks much better at night.

isnt that a cheap camera?

Yes, it's cheap. I think the problem is that it's getting way too much IR light from the UF100 reflected off the car. I played back a portion where I went to reposition the camera. At one point, my head blocked the light from the UF100 and the image around the edges of the frame became clear. Not sure where to go from here, but the night image is totally unacceptable.

usei t as an indoor camera, its what we do with the cheap ones that dont work well outside

I don't have any use for an indoor camera. I might move it, if I can't work out the lighting problem. I was originally going to use one of those new-fangled Bosch day/night domes at that location, but blew most of my budget on the Sammy 721s.

Extreme has a new DAY night with dome with some great specs. but it costs an arm and a leg. .

otherwise sanyo has a good day night dome i have used in the past.

If you're looking for cheap products to test let me know.

I think I posted a link before for Eclipse?

Rory

I have an idea on what’s wrong with the night vision on my Gen IV..

The black car fills most of the camera’s field of view. To “adjustâ€

Have you tried throwing some light on the area, it did wonders for my situation.

Have you tried throwing some light on the area, it did wonders for my situation.

Cute. Yes, I have a motion-activated light there too, and even with that on the camera performs the same. I’m convinced it’s the black color of the car that’s confusing the camera.

Only way to truly see what is really happening, is to go out there at night and try different angles.

Good idea. But the problem is that I have very limited mounting options. Has anyone encountered the same symptoms when trying to monitor a black object? What is the solution?