H3llT0uCh

CCTV + TV + DoorBell

Hi all..

I have one CCTV camera.

I was thinking in some automated control so if someones rings the bell the channel on my tv changes for there.

But i have a paid tv service with their own Set-Top-Box.

Maybe the best solution is to conect it by SCART port on TV? so when someone rings, she go for the channel.

But i also want that the camera stay allways conected.

So some kind of hack to SCART cable?

maybe using the

Pin 8 Status & Aspect Ratio up3)

* 0–0.4V → off

* 5–8V → 16:9

* 9.5–12V → on/4:3

Or is any equipment for that?

scart, depends on the tv a bit here. not all implement the switch on feature scart has. scart fairly rare here so the more common way of doing this is by programmable IR control. ie doorbell tell IR controller to send tv on/channel signal to tv.

or poor mans way is just to change the channel on the tv yourself

you can wire it direct to AV in on tv (scart etc) or convert it to RF and feed it around the house.

or poor mans way is just to change the channel on the tv yourself

you can wire it direct to AV in on tv (scart etc) or convert it to RF and feed it around the house.

That is what i do now. I have an old VCR as modulator to RF, and i change the channel.

scart, depends on the tv a bit here. not all implement the switch on feature scart has. scart fairly rare here so the more common way of doing this is by programmable IR control. ie doorbell tell IR controller to send tv on/channel signal to tv.

Well the principal TV i know that do the switch, so there is no problem.

About the programmable IR control, where can i get one. how it works? i'm sorry but i'm a litle noob here xD

i think the one i did a bit with many years ago was speaker craft part of their remote control audio/video setup. basically a programmable IR sender (tech it the tv remote commands) usually with touch pad inputs but also switched inputs.

otherwise any of the home automation crowds will have a similar thing.

i think the one i did a bit with many years ago was speaker craft part of their remote control audio/video setup. basically a programmable IR sender (tech it the tv remote commands) usually with touch pad inputs but also switched inputs.

otherwise any of the home automation crowds will have a similar thing.

So i use a simple universial remote control do that? Or for exemple. i have an USB IR Reciver/sender, is any way to putting it doing that? without connect it to computer?

something like this:

xD

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, But i just have to say that I would spy on you and ring your doorbell when your watching the climax of your favorite TV show.