Sign in to follow this  
dvrtiger

Sanyo IP- PC hardware recommendation

Hi,

my firm just started using IP cameras, so I need a little help with them. One of our customers ordered 7 Sanyo HD VCC-2500P 4 megapixel cameras, and 2 VA-50LAN modules for his two existing Sanyo dome cameras. My question is, could someone give me advice what would be the most optimum PC server hardware configuration for this type of setup? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

my firm just started using IP cameras, so I need a little help with them. One of our customers ordered 7 Sanyo HD VCC-2500P 4 megapixel cameras, and 2 VA-50LAN modules for his two existing Sanyo dome cameras. My question is, could someone give me advice what would be the most optimum PC server hardware configuration for this type of setup? Thanks in advance!

Depending what NVR software you will be using?

Are you planning to use H264 or MJPEG?

Are you going to watch live all cameras or just playback when needed?

What framerate are you planning?

NVR software will be VA-SW50 SANYO VMS Advanced.

Customer wants to view and record his seven VCC-HD2500P cameras in H.264 in 1920x1080 and two VCC-P7575P domes with VA-50LAN module in max possible resolution. He also wants a live view of all cameras. Recording will be motion triggered, and required storage should last at least five days.

NVR software will be VA-SW50 SANYO VMS Advanced.

Customer wants to view and record his seven VCC-HD2500P cameras in H.264 in 1920x1080 and two VCC-P7575P domes with VA-50LAN module in max possible resolution. He also wants a live view of all cameras. Recording will be motion triggered, and required storage should last at least five days.

Sanyo = Luxriot. They just paid money and Luxriot produced branded version for Sanyo.

http://www.luxriot.com

I still need to know answers to these questions:

Are you going to watch live all cameras or just playback when needed?

What framerate are you planning?

Oh, I didn't know that it's the same software.

Well, his requirement is for live view of all cameras and he wants the max frame rate possible ( he wants everything as max as posssible, but, his money so... )

Oh, I didn't know that it's the same software.

Well, his requirement is for live view of all cameras and he wants the max frame rate possible ( he wants everything as max as posssible, but, his money so... )

Sanyo is just selling it double price But if you look on luxriot.com supported device page, all these Sanyo cameras are there(if they have updated their page). Max fps is 25, its impossible with H264 and there is no point unless its F1 race track. Is fine with 12fps. But even with 12, he would need VERY powerful Core i7 cpu, 4gb ram and 512mb video card.

The problem is that he is a kind of amateur pc geek ( and to such people it's just impossible to explain that maximum doesn't meen the best). He has a server unit with 4GB of ram and Dual core processor and 1GB video card, so right now we have to upgrade his system. I've installed and tried everything as he wanted but processor is almost non stop at 100%.

The problem is that he is a kind of amateur pc geek ( and to such people it's just impossible to explain that maximum doesn't meen the best). He has a server unit with 4GB of ram and Dual core processor and 1GB video card, so right now we have to upgrade his system. I've installed and tried everything as he wanted but processor is almost non stop at 100%.

Just dont deal with idiots He will need most powerful Core i7, but even then he wont get 25fps. H264 is too power consuming.

I've even suggested a Linux based solution because it deals far more better with heavy algorithms for video compression...an it's less processor 'hungry' than any Windows OS and application ... but my suggestion was repulsed as 'ancient'

Hm, I agree, I won't deal with idiots next time...or at least my boss should not

Thanks for your time and help!